Complaint Review: Web.com

• Reported By: Max — Hackensack New Jersey
Web.com
Jacksonville, FL Internet United States of America

Web.com Network Solutions Promises everything and does nothing, Internet

*Author of original report: A little pressure helps

*UPDATE Employee: Response from Web.com

Do not use this service. They do nothing!!!

I replied to their email advertisement for free web site design promising "Professional Website for Your Business

Customized copy, design and monthly updates, Monthly Marketing To get you found on over 100 powerful search engines and local listings, Results Tracking Internet scorecard to track your results.

They made and below basic web site in 2 days. They sent me an email on December 13th that it is on line and they have submitted it to the search engines. I called and asked for changes and they told me I have to do it my self. I then spent days working on my site using their on line tools. I made a 12 page site. I called them the first week in January about marketing the site when I was finished. for them to do the key words. They said they do it automatically. After checking in mid February I found I was not listed on the search engines. There was an area of the site for me to do it. So I had to have it listed. Then after another month of no results I called and they never did the key words. They totally dropped the ball.

After 4 months and $400.00 in charges nothing was done and I received no results. I canceled my service. My site was supposed to be up till the end of my billing period and was taken down 2 days early. Nothing was done how it was supposed to be.

They did not make my site for free.

They did not market it.

They did not set up keywords.

They did absolutely nothing!!!

I got zero results and just charges and excuses over the phone. A waste of money paid to them and lost revenue from business I lost.

DO NOT USE THIS PHONY USELESS SERVICE!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/03/2013 09:39 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Webcom/internet/Webcom-Network-Solutions-Promises-everything-and-does-nothing-Internet-1040311. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Web.com

A little pressure helps

AUTHOR: Max - ()

After filing on here and a few other web sites I was contacted by Web.com customer support. They appologized for dropping the ball on my project and agreed to refund all fees that I had paid. A big change in tone from them compared to when I contacted them before posting on the BB Bureau, here and a couple of other sites. No if only they could make up for the time I lost......

Response from Web.com

AUTHOR: Web.com Executive Response Team - ()

Dear Max:

At Web.com, we take the concerns that you have raised in your post very seriously. As such, we would like to follow up with you regarding the details of your recent experience with us. To accomplish that, we ask that you send your website domain name, your contact information, and the details of this post to our support team via the following link: http://support.web.com/.

Thank you for your help, and we look forward to hearing from you.

Executive Support Team