Complaint Review: Welch, Gold and Siegel

• Submitted: Thu, January 03, 2013
  • Updated: Thu, January 03, 2013

• Reported By: brensgrrl — Harrisburg Pennsylvania United States of America
Welch, Gold and Siegel
1240 Lawyers Bldg., 428 Forbes Ave, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania United States of America

Welch, Gold and Siegel Pre-paid Legal also known as Legal Shield Wrong Advice given Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

For years (about 10 years) I have been a member of Pre-Paid Legal Services, now known as Legal Shield.  I was assigned to a law firm in Pittsburgh PA, Welch, Gold & Siegel, PC.  I never had occasion to need the services of an attorney, but I recently sought advice on a medical matter that I believe hinges on Product Liability.  When the attorney contacted me, she listened to my story for about 20 minutes. Throughout the conversation, I had the overwhelming impression that I had been assigned to a low level lawyer whose job it was to "get rid of me asap."  She bluntly informed me , without research or anything else that I had no case primarily because liability suits regarding the failure of medical devices and medical malpractice cases in PA only had a two year statute of limitations and that the time on my case would be up by the end of January 2013.  I was bluntly informed that no lawyer would ever take my case, and good luck to me.  Then she hung up.  I was stunned.  After three sleepless nights of anger, I decided to do a little research on my own.  I found out that PA law allows two years FROM THE DATE THE PATIENT FIRST UNDERSTANDS THAT THERE IS A PROBLEM, not from the date of the surgery or treatment.  Another provision of the law allows up to seven years. SHE WAS DEAD WRONG.  That means I probably have another 10-11 months to file suit or possibly longer.  After being given WRONG INFORMATION, I now question to competence of Legal Shield Lawyers. I am on my own and must find a good attorney to speak to.  Please, please do not use or join this service--the lawyers are either incompetent or in such a hurry to get rid of you that YOU WILL BE GIVEN WRONG ADVICE, and that is the last thing a person in trouble needs.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/03/2013 10:39 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Welch-Gold-and-Siegel/Pittsburgh-Pennsylvania-15219/Welch-Gold-and-Siegel-Pre-paid-Legal-also-known-as-Legal-Shield-Wrong-Advice-given-Pittsb-990579. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Welch, Gold and Siegel