Harbor

• Updated: Sat, February 16, 2013

• Reported By: bmr87 — Redlands California United States of America
Western Union

Western Union Stole Money, Internet

I used Western Union's online services to send money to my sister across the country. At first the transaction was cancel by me because they make verify you are real by sveral options which I could not do any because I was at work. So after work I re-did the transfer and after waiting on hold for more than 20 minutes it finally was verified and sent. My sister received the money the next morning. However, that next morning I receive and email for my bank statement and saw that 3 transaction of the same amount I sent were pre-authorized!!

Over $3,000 was taken out of my account! I called WU and told them of the issue, the denied that they did this and said they only have one transaction in the system and to call my bank. My bank said they only needed to send WU a fax to sign release the pre-auth, WU's reply? "We do not receive faxes. . .it is a security issue" the continued to go on about being able to "send" a fax of the only transaction to my bank so that it can be cleared. I had to write an email and send a copy of my bank statement to WU so they can investigate. And I still have not heard back from them.

Granted it is says in their email it will take 24 hours (time I do not have for their mistake). I will go to the authorities if this is not resolved by end of day.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/16/2013 05:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Western-Union/internet/Western-Union-Stole-Money-Internet-1015506. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Western Union