necessity

• Updated: Mon, April 29, 2013

• Reported By: been.scammed — Queensland
Worthpoint Inc
94 N. High St. Suite 190 Dublin, OH 43017 Dublin, Ohio United States of America

Worthpoint Inc GoAntiques Worthpoint Scam - free trial leads to unauthorised signup and unauthorised withdrawals from Credit Card. Just how did they get my Credit Card details??? Dublin, Ohio

*UPDATE Employee: WorthPoint Requests to Resolve this Issue

My complaint is the same as the others listed here. Sign up for free trial.  Get popup saying free trial is finished & please sign up to continue to use service. I signed out and did not use the Worthpoint service again, intending to join up at a later date when I was ready to open an online shop.

I now find Worthpoint has been taking a monthly fee of approx $14.50 from my Credit Card since January 2013. How did they get my bank details????   Will be contacting Visa to make sure they never allow unauthorised payments again.

Contacted Worthpoint to ask for my money back. No answer as yet.

Worthpoint has instructions on how to sign off your (in my case, illegally set up) account. Followed instructions only to find the buttons you are supposed to press are not on their website.

Have never had this happen before as I am pretty careful. Worthpoint gives online businesses a bad name

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/28/2013 09:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Worthpoint-Inc/Dublin-Ohio-43017/Worthpoint-Inc-GoAntiques-Worthpoint-Scam-free-trial-leads-to-unauthorised-signup-and-un-1046927. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Worthpoint Inc

WorthPoint Requests to Resolve this Issue

AUTHOR: Britt - ()

Dear Sir/Madam,

We understand your frustration and would like to resolve this issue with you.  If you could, please call our manager of Customer Support, Kaylee directly at 877-481-5750 ext. 407. In order to work toward a resolution, we will need more information about your account (first/last name and email address).

In addition, to answer your question in regards to how we aquired your credit card information--When you sign up for the 7-day trial/7 lookups, we ask for your credit card information on the registration page. If you do not enter this, you are unable to access pricing information in our Worthopedia--our online price guide.

Again, we understand your frustration and apologize for this inconvenience. We appreciate your feedback, as we are always striving to improve our services.

Kind Regards,