Complaint Review: Worthpoint Inc

• Updated: Fri, March 08, 2013

• Reported By: wld276684 — Billerica Massachusetts United States of America
Worthpoint Inc
94 N High St. Ste 190 Dublin, Ohio United States of America

Worthpoint Inc Goantiques.com I signed up for a seven day free trial. As I was searching for the value of my antiques I was notified by a pop up window I had used up the amount of searches allow by the free trial. If I wanted to Dublin, Ohio

*Author of original report: Contact request

*UPDATE Employee: WorthPoint Requests to Resolve this Issue

I signed up to Worthpoint for a seven day free trial.  This inclued a certain number of free searches to look up the value of antiques.  During my searches, I was notified with a pop up window that I had used up my allowed searches using the free trial and if I wanted search further I would have to sign up for a membership.  I did not sign up for a membership, and left the web site.  I have since found two months of charges of $14.99.  BTW, I found just as much info for the value searching the web as I did with Worthpoint.  Most of the info they have is available for free.  Thankfully I found these charges before more charges were deducted.

I went through the Worthpoint web site to an online help person.  I explained as above and was told that they would cancel my account but would not refund any payments.  I asked for a phone number to speak to a supervisor.  I received the same response.

I filed a complaint with the Atty General and the BBB.  I happened to find this site and posting this here as well.  This is a well known type of scam and Worthpoint, goantiques.com, etc must be held accountable for these practices.  I am going to start a facebook page to further the knowlege of the trickery Worthpoint engages in!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/08/2013 02:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Worthpoint-Inc/Dublin-Ohio-43017/Worthpoint-Inc-Goantiquescom-I-signed-up-for-a-seven-day-free-trial-As-I-was-searching-1025710. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Worthpoint Inc

Contact request

AUTHOR: wld276684 - ()

To Whom it May Concern,

I have read your response to my complaint.  I am happy you want to resolve this issue.  I contacted your company twice with my complaint and was told under no uncertain terms I would not receive a refund of two months of charges.  Hence my reports on your company.  Per your request I must now call you to discuss this further.  Unfortunately I am not available to call you again at this time.  My husband has been diagnosed with cancer and I don't have time to call you.  If in the future weeks or months when I have time during your business hours to call, I will.  I pray that this is a good faith offer that is open ended due to the circumstances I am dealing with at this time.

WorthPoint Requests to Resolve this Issue

AUTHOR: Britt - ()

Dear Sir/Madam,

We understand your frustration and would like to resolve this issue with you.  If you could, please call our manager of Customer Support, Kaylee directly at 877-481-5750 ext. 407. In order to work toward a resolution, we will need more information about your account (first/last name and email address) to verify your account and the charges.

Again, we understand your frustration and apologize for this inconvenience. We also appreciate your feedback and bringing this to our immediate attention.

Kind Regards,