Complaint Review: Wyndham Vacation Resorts

• Submitted: Sat, April 06, 2013
  • Updated: Sat, April 06, 2013

• Reported By: Mike — Cincinnati Ohio
Wyndham Vacation Resorts

Wyndham Vacation Resorts changed its use year policy and put the screw to its members Internet, Internet

We are Gold Members in Wyndham with over 600,000 pts annually.  We have several contracts with the company and have been very pleased with the resorts and personnel until the 1st of the year.  Our points are spread over 4 different resorts with different use year dates.  Our sales rep explained to us we had the perfect package and did not need to purchase any more points from Wyndham again.  The different use years allowed us to make a last minute cancellation and move our points to the next use year.  This saved us points that if I only had one use year date I would have lost.

In January 2013, Wyndham changed their policies and converted all of my use year dates to Jan - Dec annually.  This took away my ability to control my points and to save them instead of losing them.

Even though I have signed contracts with Wyndham, the decided to take it upon themselves and alter my contracts without my consent.  What little I understand about the law I thought all parties would have to agree in writing to change a contract.

As I earlier stated I really enjoy every one of the Wyndham resorts that I have visited, and I have convinced several friends to purchase a timeshare.  Now, I have nothing but bad feelings towards Wyndham.  I certainly hope that someone, somewhere starts a class action - I will be the first to join up with them.  Wyndham must be taught that they can't just do what ever they want.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/06/2013 09:12 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Wyndham-Vacation-Resorts/internet/Wyndham-Vacation-Resorts-changed-its-use-year-policy-and-put-the-screw-to-its-members-Int-1041193. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Wyndham Vacation Resorts