Complaint Review: YP.COM

• Updated: Wed, February 27, 2013

• Reported By: Plumber Lady — Englewood Colorado United States of America
Denver, Colorado United States of America

YP.COM Written Guarantee Now Turns Out To Be An Estimate?? Denver, Colorado

Peter Tandy and his boss Tom Hightower paid a sales visit to me in June 2012.  They promised us 11-19 qualified calls per month.  They repeatedly called this promise a written guarantee.  Peter was working off of his Ipad, and the document wasn't formatted correctly, so I was unable to see the entire form at once.  We are wireless equipped in my office, but for some reason he could not print the document either.  Should have been my first clue.

I was unhappy with our results from the very beginning.  We were spending $700 per month and getting no calls.  On August 30th, after many complaints to Peter, he informed me that the "big shots" had been in town and agreed that our account and several others had been poorly handled and blamed the company they use to provide their SEO.  Peter informed me that I would receive a 3 month credit for the lack of business and inconvenience.  He also told me the Mr. Hightower had approved this.  Peter has now disappeared and Tom Hightower denies knowledge of any of it.  Even went as far as to say that if he didn't want to pay his bills, he would say the same thing - basically called me a liar.

We have paid for our first 3 months of advertising ($2,100).  I cancelled the card they were charging because I did not trust their promise of a credit.  I was correct, they continued to try to collect and will not issue the credit we were promised.  I have now been told by Mike Cassinelli (Manager @ YP) that I should have expected not to get any business for the first three months due to start up time!  What kind of an idiot would pay $2,100 for nothing??

Last month, they cancelled our account for non-payment and finally produced the "written guarantee".  Turns out it reads "estimate" and the projected ROI ranged from -20% to +40%, with call volume at 8-14 calls per month.  Nothing about the quality of the calls.  I would have never agreed to advertise with them had I seen this document and they knew it.  We have received numerous calls for things we don't do.  Very few actual calls that were potential clients.

The first call from the collection agency came today.  Here we go.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/27/2013 01:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/YPCOM/Denver-Colorado-/YPCOM-Written-Guarantee-Now-Turns-Out-To-Be-An-Estimate-Denver-Colorado-1021082. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on YP.COM