Complaint Review: Alamo Car Rental

• Updated: Wed, April 30, 2014

• Reported By: Scott — Yorba Linda California
Alamo Car Rental
1901 Terminal Cir. Billings Montana 59105 Billings , Montana USA

Alamo Car Rental National Car Rental / Purco Fleet Services Scam Damage Report Claim Billings Montana

*Consumer Comment: Two Questions

*UPDATE Employee: Alamo Customer Care

Rented a 2013 Kia Rio from Alamo Car Rental in Billings Montana, after returning the vehicle there wasn't any damage to the car. September 11, 2013 returned September 16th.

2 months after I returned the vehicle I get a letter from Purco Fleet Services that there is a claim against me for front bumper damage in the amount of $980.14. I informed Debbie Draper at Purco that I did not damage the car at all during the time the vehicle was in my possession. They refused my request to send photos for the damage and detailed information about the rental of the car after I had it. So I turned it over to my insurance company where I'm covered with Allstate Insurance and a claims representative. The representative also asked for proof of the damage and Alamo or Purco can not or will not provide evidence of damage and Allstate won't pay the claim.

Now Purco is sending threatening letters for collections of the claim and damage my credit report for something I am not responsible for without proof. Unbelievable!!

What can I do at this point to fight this fraud?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/26/2014 03:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Alamo-Car-Rental/Billings-Montana-59105/Alamo-Car-Rental-National-Car-Rental-Purco-Fleet-Services-Scam-Damage-Report-Claim-Bill-1133939. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Alamo Car Rental

Two Questions

AUTHOR: Jim - ()

BEFORE you signed the contract, did you and a representative do a walk around and note any pre-existing damage on the contract?  When you brought the car back, did you and their representative do another walk around and did that person mark on the contract there were no new damage areas?

Alamo Customer Care

AUTHOR: Alamo Rent A Car - ()

Scott,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.  As customer service is of the utmost importance, we would like the opportunity to look into this concern for you. Please contact us at Care@Alamo.com with complete details, including your contact information, damage claim number, rental agreement number and any further information regarding this experience.

When emailing, please list reference number 140401-002395 in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,