Complaint Review: allianz trip insurance

• Updated: Mon, May 05, 2014

• Reported By: lee bradshaw — Tucson Arizona
allianz trip insurance
Nationwide USA

allianz trip insurance allianz global assistanceeinsurance and Del;ta Airlines Refused to pay full claim, sent check for 1/4 of what was due Richmond VA 23233 USA Nationwide

*UPDATE Employee: HelpTeam

Fly to Key West early Feburary 2014 for vacation, rented a room at a friends house, took out travel insurance through Delta/Allianz. Was suppose to pay $150 per day for trip interruption.

Storm hits Atlanta day I am suppose to head home and my flight is cancelled. Close to two days later I am finally albe to head home.

File a claim early Feb. while sitting in Key West, as soon as I get home I send documemts proving I was delayed and expenses, including room cost. ($150 per night).

I check to make sure Allianz has my documents and I am told they have all they need, and I should hear in 10 days, again on Feb. 27th I am notified by email they will respond in 10 days. But: No word for over 30 days.

On March 30th I finally receive a check for $77, with no explaination as to why I am short $223. I call and am told that fuel tickets are not allowed, extra days to park my car in an airport lot is not allowed, meal tickets are not allowed and the receit I submitted from my friend is also disallowed since it was not a credit card receit. (Like staying in Key West is cheap)

At no time and no where does Allianz inform you of what you need as Acceptable Documentatins, they decide after the fact. My insurance policy says I will need to file documents, but does not spell out what is covered or what is not, nor does is say what kind of papers have to be filed. It does clearly state I am covered for $150 per day. Granted, the snow storm must have cost them, but to short folks 3/4 of what is due is just a

RIP OFF!

Do not trust this company, find some other insurance if you feel the need, and I see I am not the only one reporting Allianz as a rip off, I am sad to see someone like Delta to be involved with such a poor company.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/01/2014 09:27 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/allianz-trip-insurance/nationwide/allianz-trip-insurance-allianz-global-assistanceeinsurance-and-Delta-Airlines-Refused-to-1135342. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on allianz trip insurance

HelpTeam

AUTHOR: Sarah - ()

I'm sorry to hear of your frustration. If you would like to discuss your claim, please email your claim number and information to Help.Team@allianzassistance.com