Complaint Review: American Cash Awards

• Updated: Thu, March 22, 2012

• Reported By: sally — Pollock Louisiana United States of America
American Cash Awards
Not available Cell Phone call, Louisiana United States of America

American Cash Awards Souvenirs International 2nd Place Winner of 2.5 million and a Mercedes, Prize Patrol will deliver privately or publically Cell Phone call, Louisiana

Call was received on my cell phone to inform me that I had won 2nd prize in a contest that I did not remember entering.  An exact date or way of entry could not be given to me.  My prize was to be $2.5 million, a Mercedes, and $20,000 bonus to help cover taxes.  The contest was through Wal-Mart and Readers' Digest.  The Prize Patrol would deliver the car to my home after a transfer of funds through Western Union of $352.  A manager would call me back to give information on where and to whom to send the money.

I was suspicous and kept asking questions.  At first the company name of IRS Company was given.  After multiple inqueries, Souvenirs International in conjuction with American Cash Awards was given.  I refused to send money through Western Union and was told they do not accept cash, cashiers check, or money order.  No prizes will be awarded without the transfer through Western Union.

I am thankful that i did not fall victim to this.  I could really use the money and cannot afford to lose even $352.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/22/2012 06:39 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Cash-Awards/Cell-Phone-call-Louisiana-/American-Cash-Awards-Souvenirs-International-2nd-Place-Winner-of-25-million-and-a-Mercede-857646. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Cash Awards