Complaint Review: American Interlock

• Updated: Thu, May 29, 2014

• Reported By: Nick Brown — Warren Michigan
American Interlock
600 E 11 Mile Rd Royal Oak, Michigan USA

American Interlock Private company taking advantage of People on Ignition Interlock in the State of Michigan Royal Oak Michigan

*Author of original report: LOL

*Consumer Comment: Hope they keep charging your sorry a** for everything...

STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY.

Prices seem like a steal in comparison to other companies on face value. However, you soon learn they make up for the difference by charging you for a myriad circumstances, that they do not make you aware of. This company is Predatory They installed a device on my vehicle, I purposefully asked many questions in order to avoid any complications. The technician blankly starred at me and said, "Read the Pamphlet" I later realized that it is in their best interest to "Not" familiarize their customers with best practices, scheduling, etc. Because once problems arise they are able to charge fees. My advice is always send an email telling them "EXACTLY" what you need, or of situations that arise. Otherwise, they have plausible deniability...and trust, they will use it! They charge fees for just about anything, but particularly like to charge for sending notifications to the state.

Previously they sent paperwork to the state saying that I had violations, even though on the dated referenced my car was being serviced. Further, I had called to make them aware of the situation, provided paperwork, and this is the kicker...THEY even went out to service the unit at the service facility. Additionally, as a result of not taking a retest (My inexperience) at the time I was turning off the vehicle, I had my license temporarily suspended. I called American Interlock, and told them of the temporary 2 month suspension. They said "YOU HAVE TO KEEP THE DEVICE ON" I later called the Secretary of State and confirmed, that indeed, I was not required to have the device monitored during this period.

When I called American Interlock back they denied having said they gave me that information....Just deplorable. If you have ever been given that "blank stare and attitude" at the Secretary of State, Social Security office, etc. Take that attitude and triple it. Once you are in the grips of American Interlock, they do their best not to educate you, in order that they can charge you as a result. Justin, and all of the other employees unethical, as they knowingly prey on their customers in a absolute low point in their lives. Please heed my warning and STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY. Their low pricing belies the fact they charge you at every chance they get, for infractions that you do not know you are breaking.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/29/2014 09:46 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Interlock/Royal-Oak-Michigan-48067/American-Interlock-Private-company-taking-advantage-of-People-on-Ignition-Interlock-in-th-1150550. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Interlock

LOL

AUTHOR: Nick Brown - ()

Must be an American Interlock employee.

Hope they keep charging your sorry a** for everything...

AUTHOR: Ken - ()

Maybe next time YOU won't drive drunk.  I'll bet it wasn't even your first time. Three of my friends have been killed by drunken jackasses, such as yourself.  I thank your judge for linflicting this on you. NO sympathy hear. Ain't Karma a B***h.