fortune

• Updated: Wed, December 11, 2013

• Reported By: SharpshooterVW — Ladson South Carolina
Arrow Truck Sales - Atlanta, GA
3233 MORELAND AVENUE Exit 53 off 285 Conley, Georgia USA

Arrow Truck Sales - ***WARNING**DECEPTIVE BUSINESS PRACTICES!! Will sell you a broke truck requiring THOUSANDS in repairs WITH a WORTHLESS WARRANTY!!! Their warranty is a calculated selling tactic used to TRICK consumers into dropping their guard & purchasing their JUNK!!!!-- Atlanta/Conley Georgia

*Consumer Comment: "KOONI HONDA SONG"...

I purchased a 2004 Freightliner from Arrow in June 2013 from Dusty Davis. Upon purchase the salesman, Dusty, informed me he hadn't had a chance to "run it through the shop like normal so if I came across ANY problems call him & he would see to it it was fixed & don't worry b/c I have a warranty on the engine." Visual inspection showed there was an exhaust leak, 4 shocks were rusted with holes--which he repaired. After these repairs I met Dusty at the dealership to pick it up, at which time, he informed me he discovered the wipers don't work, take it to get it fixed and he will pay for it--and he did. After working the truck for approximately a week it became apparent there was a coolant issue.

I called Dusty regarding the issue and also inquired about the "extended one year engine warranty". I trouble-shooted this issue several times, including having it in the shop a few times, from June to September & I have spoke to Dusty numerous times regarding the issue. [continued below]....

..... I did all that was suggested to no avail; the leak persisted and seemed to be getting worse. I called Dusty on September 11 and explained that this problem has been present from day one & is only getting worse. He advised me to take it to a shop to have specific diagnostic testing performed. I called my mechanic, Chris, at Universal Am-Can here in Ladson, SC who worked me into his schedule over the weekend. He reported his findings to me on the following Monday, September 16. I called Dusty and gave him the phone number to speak to Chris himself.

After speaking to Chris, Dusty called me back and informed me that I had to take the truck to another shop, a dealership, I stated I do not have anymore money to pay for more shop fees regarding this issue. I took the truck to the Freightliner dealership (TTT), as instructed, here in Summerville, SC on Tuesday, September 17. My contact at the Freightliner shop, Don, ran the requested diagnostics & reported to Dusty & Jason Cluck (Arrow Truck Mgr). I went through the run-around with Dusty, Jason, the warranty company, & the finance company up until September 19. Jason stated to me during our phone conversation that repairs needed were covered under the Gold 12/100k extended warranty I had.   I stopped paying the truck note as of the 3rd payment (9/22) and have not been able to work since Sept 12.

This entire ordeal has been a constant phone game where one conversation doesn't match with another. Jason has told me one thing, told the shop another thing, and the finance company another thing. I refused to obligate my signature to ANY authorizations & forced Jason (Arrow Trucks) to assume all monetary responsibiliy thusfar. After several tests & several authorizations to "go down deeper into the motor" I finally got a diagnosis. On Friday, December 6, 2013 a final diagnosis was submitted to the warranty people (ATP/NTP), Arrow Trucks, Transport Funding, and myself. "FOUR of the 6 lines are pitted and need to be replaced"--$13000 repair something, I NOW have proof, was an issue when I drove the truck off Arrow's lot. Warranty people say it is not covered.

I used my own truck as a trade-in so I am completely at a loss here. I want Arrow Truck Sales to stand true to the truck they sold me & the warranty that was suppose to ease my worries and fix the truck so that it can be used for its ordinary purpose -OR- put me in another truck that is ready & road worthy - OR- give me my truck back. I have filed with the Better Business Bureau (case#27325052); I am in the process of filing with the Federal Trade Commission & looking to retain an attorney to rectify this matter

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/11/2013 08:05 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Arrow-Truck-Sales-Atlanta-GA/Conley-Georgia-30288/Arrow-Truck-Sales-WARNINGDECEPTIVE-BUSINESS-PRACTICES-Will-sell-you-a-broke-truc-1106084. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Arrow Truck Sales - Atlanta, GA

"KOONI HONDA SONG"...

AUTHOR: Karl - ()

is available at this site. Just type in 1096494 and it appears in the consumer comments section at Ripoff Report #1096494.

HAPPY HLIDAYS