Complaint Review: Asurint

• Updated: Thu, October 31, 2013

• Reported By: PDODT — Fort Worth Texas
Asurint
po box 14730 Cleveland, Ohio USA

Asurint, Asurint Employee Screening ,says "SCREW TEXAS STATE LAW; WE'LL DO WHAT WE WANT" as they continue to TROLL ONLINE WEBSITES for Info to MISLEAD EMPLOYERS! Cleveland Ohio

ASURINT EMPLOYEE TOLD ME "SCREW TEXAS STATE LAW" WHICH GOVERN EMPLOYEE BACKGROUND CHECKS AND THEN TRIED TO JUSTIFY SOME OBSCURE LOOPHOLE IN FEDERAL LAW THAT GIVES THEM THE RIGHT TO TROLL FOR DATA AND GO BACK PAST SEVEN YEARS TO REPORT EVEN TRAFFIC VIOLATIONS AND MINOR MISDEMEANORS!

I am unemployed and looking for work in Fort Worth, Texas after being laid off from my previous job during a downsizing and a 10 year old misdemeanor is now popping up on my background check.

The background check company both of my prospective employers are using is called Asurint. [continued below]....

.....

The charge is for a noise violation that is listed under Disorderly House.

This shit is scaring the crap out of my prospective employers.

Well, first of all I live in Fort Worth and Texas Business and Commerce says:

Texas: Business & Commerce Code – Chapter 20 § 20.05 – Reporting of information Prohibited. (a) Except as provided by Subsection (b), a consumer reporting agency may not furnish a consumer report containing information related to: (4) a record of arrest, indictment, or conviction of a crime in which the date of disposition, release, or parole predates the consumer report by more than seven years. Exception: If the salary of an individual equals or is reasonable expected to equal $75,000 or more, the 7-year restriction does not apply.

Well, Asurint is not only reporting minor violations well past the seven year deadline, they are trolling for the info and misleading employers.

My violation was a noise complaint from my next door neighbor in regards to my loud music and the cops ticketed me and told me to appear in front of the judge. I plead no lo contendere and that was that. I was very young and simply didn't fully understand this process. Now years later I am being haggled about this by employers not paying more than $8.50 for the job yet I can't even get a side job paying $8.50 as they are afraid of this "Disorderly House" charge.

They think I've beat up a cop or something.

So I called the courthouse and the Court Clerk couldn't find out how Asurint was pulling this as it doesn't show on my "background" check but then she said they must be trolling websites.

They are so desperate to find something they even including a "misdemeanor" charge of driving with a broken taillight.

WOW.

So I called up to Asurint and explained to them they were violating Texas code 20.05 and I was sent to "complaince" and then told "We don't give a flip about Texas state law. We follow Federal Law". Well, I tried to find the Federal Law that regulates background checks and well.. All I could find was very general guidelines and nothing as specific as how info is obtained or how far back an employee background check can go.

People we have got to do something about these background checks. Honestly. Asurint is so infomation hungry they even flagged my phone number when I called in their system so that now when I call they autmatically pull up my info.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/31/2013 02:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Asurint/Cleveland-Ohio-44114/Asurint-Asurint-Employee-Screening-says-SCREW-TEXAS-STATE-LAW-WELL-DO-WHAT-WE-WANT-1096079. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Asurint