Complaint Review: AvantaPure

• Updated: Mon, October 24, 2011

• Reported By: June McNeal — DeBary Florida United States of America
AvantaPure
755 W. SR 434 Ste.0 Longwood, Florida United States of America

AvantaPure Water Equipment Technologies Ripped me off with a water softener system. Longwood, Florida

On Oct. 21, 2010, Rick Skutsk, with Water Equipment Technologies made an unsolicited call at our house in hopes of selling us a water softener. As we were very unhappy with the quality of water available to us, I was interested in what he had to say. Little did I realize I was dealing with a very high-pressure, fast talking salesman. Some may refer to him as a "Con Artist". While he had my head spinning, he insisted I sign the financial contract, and that it was all cut and dried, so there was no need to read it. Little did I realize, until I received the paperwork from ISP Financial, that I had agreed to pay some $6,558.60 for a softener worth approximately $700.00.

The installation was done on schedule, and we were fairly happy with the results. Until it rained. The softener stopped working. That was the beginning of the troubles. After continually calling the Service people out to repair it, I decided it was not worth the cost, and trouble. Also, it bacame evident that I could not make the payments from the available cash, after paying my other bills, from my disability income. I started calling the finance company, complaining about the poor reliability, and the high payments. A man finally came out to pick up the softener, but left it, suggesting I sell it on EBay.

I called Kevin Duffy of Water Equipment Technologies, which produced no results, except his request that I write him a letter describing the troubles I have experienced. I chose to write this report, instead.

Upon reading the contract that Mr. Skutsk filled out, I discovered that my income from disability had been overstated by $17,580.00. My mother's Social Security income was overstated by $2,760.00. HE lied on the application, not I.

After repeated breakdowns and calls to pick up the softener, I had it disconnected. During this, it was discovered that the wiring had been spliced, left uninsulated, and burried underground. Not only was this a fire hazard, but explained why we had trouble every time it rained.

I have come into possession of another water softener, and had it installed properly. I would like for Water Equip. Tech. to remove their softener form our property, and settle the account with ISP Financial.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/24/2011 10:22 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AvantaPure/Longwood-Florida-32750/AvantaPure-Water-Equipment-Technologies-Ripped-me-off-with-a-water-softener-system-Longwo-791704. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AvantaPure