Complaint Review: Barclay's Bank, Juniper Credit Card

• Submitted: Tue, August 14, 2012
  • Updated: Tue, January 15, 2013

• Reported By: MadInMaryland — Baltimore Maryland United States of America
Barclay's Bank, Juniper Credit Card
125 S West St, Wilmington DE, 19801 Wilmington, Delaware United States of America

Barclay's Bank, Juniper Credit Card treated unfairly, reduced credit limit, hurting my credit score Wilmington, Delaware

*Consumer Suggestion: This bank sucks bigtime

*Consumer Comment: I would get another rebutt

*Consumer Comment: I Would Get Another Card..

This company is terrible!!!  I will never have anything to do with them again, and I want to warn others.

I have a credit card with this company and have for several years.  It had a $3500 credit limit.  I have never missed a payment on this card or any other credit card.  I don't often charge it up to the limit, but it has happened a couple of times.  One of those times was recently.

When I get up to the limit, I try to pay it off immediately, which I did this time - I made a payment of $3442, which was the balance on the card.  a couple of weeks after I paid the balance, I received a note that our credit limit was reduced from $3500 to $500.  I called, and asked them to reconsider, stating that I was a good customer, and had never missed a payment.  They not only refused to reconsider it, the two people I spoke to wouldn't even let me speak, and kept talking over me.

I have plenty of credit, and don't need the card.  I will never use it again, and it won't bother me one single bit.  What bothers me, is that when your credit limit is reduced, it lowers your credit score.  They just wantonly hurt my credit score, and then were extremely rude when I tried to talk to them.  Beware - they do not treat their customers fairly.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/14/2012 05:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Barclays-Bank-Juniper-Credit-Card/Wilmington-Delaware-19801/Barclays-Bank-Juniper-Credit-Card-treated-unfairly-reduced-credit-limit-hurting-my-cr-927319. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Barclay's Bank, Juniper Credit Card

#1 Consumer Suggestion

This bank sucks bigtime

AUTHOR: unknown - (USA)

I just got my Barclays card in November and made 5 small purchases over a period of 2 months and sent them 5 payments and I requested a credit line increase and they canceled my card without any reason except that a letter will be mail out to me.. Or call the credit dept which was closed. I had 2 on going disputes with avast and I said screw it and paid the little $69.01 balance off. If Avast refund my money they owe me a $20 check. I cannot believe the credit practices of this company. I wrote a report on them just a little bit ago my story. STAY AWAY from barclays that the best thing I can say. I have the presidential office phone number for anyone who is interested in calling and trying to get the problem with their account fixed if it will ding your credit scores and such. Mine I just got so it won't hurt me.. The president's office phone number for barclays/juniper is 18667506031.

I would get another rebutt

AUTHOR: The Outlaw Josey Wales - (United States of America)

pretty lame this one and you didn't even ask for one.

I Would Get Another Card..

AUTHOR: Jim S - (United States of America)

and put the Barclay's card away - locked away.  If you cancel it now, your credit score will drop even further.  If you have an OK credit score, you should be OK to get another card.  What concerns me is that you got a Barclay's card - not one of the better cards out there and one of the higher interest rate cards.  If you do have a problem, consider a secured credit card instead of opting for one of those crap credit cards.

Best of luck to you.