Complaint Review: Barret Jackson Auction Company

• Updated: Wed, July 27, 2011

• Reported By: Alex — Los Angeles California United States of America
Barret Jackson Auction Company
West Palm Beach, Florida United States of America

Barret Jackson Auction Company I was a witness to shill bidding at Barret Jackson West Palm Beach, Florida

I attended a Barret Jackson Auction in West Palm Beach, FL and I witness first hand what appeared to have been "shill bidding". I was sitting behind an elderly couple with their friends and I noticed they were bidding in what I can remember a 1990's ford thunderbird with very low miles. I was intrigued as to why they were bidding on a car that was not really a collectible and to me had no value other than it was in pristine condition with very low miles. So we started talking and they told me they had consigned the car for the auction at no reserve. They were upset because the car was being sold at much lower price than they expected so they started bidding on it and ended up winning the bid and buying back their own car. The husband was clearly upset with the whole process and according to them the auction house (barrett jackson) knew they were bidding on their own car.
I was amazed Barrett Jackson let it happened.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/27/2011 05:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Barret-Jackson-Auction-Company/West-Palm-Beach-Florida-/Barret-Jackson-Auction-Company-I-was-a-witness-to-shill-bidding-at-Barret-Jackson-West-Pa-757289. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Barret Jackson Auction Company