Complaint Review: best buy

• Updated: Thu, July 05, 2012

• Reported By: kilu — toronto Nationwide Canada
best buy
yonge and dundas Internet United States of America

best buy downtown eaton centre toronto be careful, Internet

bought a play station last year when i purchase the item, the sales person did not scan open the box and scan the item, he only scan the outside box when i bought it home, we noticed the machine was used, we tested and it did not work.

so i returned the box in hoping i would get an exchange. They refused saying the machine did not match my receipt and accused me of a thief.  I tried again the second time, they were going to exchange but notice that the game of duty dics was missing and again refused my exchange. I did not know the disc was missing.  i asked them  to scan to see if the box was returned but they refused.

so i called sony and when they scan the machine, they said the machine did not match the box and it was an older model.  It has been a year now, i have taken them to small claims court.  I tried to settle this and in hoping that they would give me a working play station. Instead i had to settle with a refund of half the value i paid for.

I lost time off work and the cost of the play station. I will definitely not shop there agaiin.  The staff at best buy humiliated me and was so unprofessional towards me.  I have asked for an apology from the court and i got denied.  This was certainly a big disappointment and i really feel like i was  ripped off.  I was hoping my case would go to trial but was told both sides did not have enough evidence.  what a lost.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/05/2012 11:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/best-buy/internet/best-buy-downtown-eaton-centre-toronto-be-careful-Internet-907419. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on best buy