Complaint Review: blowoutbedding.com

• Reported By: Tirza — Newbury Wisconsin United States of America
blowoutbedding.com
1601-C Sherman Ave Internet United States of America

blowoutbedding.com Egyptian Peddler Buyer beware Internet

I purchased the 8 piece Soho Chocolate/Reddish orange comforter set along with four matching panels. I read the return policy prior to purchasing that stated I would be responsible for a 7.5% deduction from a refund for handling fees as well as shipping costs. As the shipping TO me was free, I understood this to mean I would be out whatever the cost would be to return the items. As I was certain from carefully scrutinizing the product information and picture that I would be happy with this purchase, I was not concerned with returning.

However, when I took out the comforter and laid it on the bed, my husband and I were shocked at the craftsmanship of this item. It is a patchwork comforter and it looked like nearly every seam was sewn obviously crooked. It did not even lie flat as the seams were so misshapen. So I requested a return and decided that it would be too risky to make an exchange due to the handling fees and return shipping cost. I did not want to end up with another defective piece of bedding. It cost me $33.00 to return these items. When the credit was made to my account I noticed that it was and additional $12.00 short. My understanding was that they would take out 7.5%, but they had taken more. I contacted the company and was told I had to also pay the original shipping charges (shipping the items to me) of $12.00. The company advertised free shipping and this amount was not part of the original purchase price. My original print-out receipt shows $0.00 for shipping.

I feel that the company has misrepresented its return policy as well as taken advantage of me. The comforter I chose had several stellar recommendations about the wonderful quality etc. but upon further investigation I found that the same supposed customer reviews were used on other items. I randomly clicked on other bedding ensembles on the website and found several word for word repeats of recommendations. In my opinion this company, who also appears to be doing business as Egyptian Peddler, is engaging in deceptive business practices. It appears that Egyptian Peddler is also somehow affiliated with The New linens -n- things as well as Sears. At the very least, I would like the $12.00 credited to my account.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/30/2010 11:36 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/blowoutbeddingcom/internet/blowoutbeddingcom-Egyptian-Peddler-Buyer-beware-Internet-627684. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on blowoutbedding.com