Gods

Bryant Dental
12205 County Line Rd Suite A Madison, Alabama United States of America

Bryant Dental Surprise Charges - Shady Practices Madison, Alabama

*Author of original report: Resolved

I am new to the area and visited Bryant Dental for a routine cleaning.  It is a very nice facility and very high tech.  The receptionist and hygenist were nice.  That is the extent of the positives.  Here is what happened:

They took xrays and checked my gums and then told me that they would need to use a special instrument to clean my gums AND do a second appt to polish my teeth.  They said that it would be $140 more than insurance would cover.  What they didn't know is that 2 prior dentists in other places I've lived have explained how they check your gums and this instrument, etc.  I have had this instrument cleaning and polish done in one visit and totally covered under insurance for the last 5 years, 2x per year!  They insisted on classifying it as gum disease instead of cleaning even though they admitted that it really wasn't too bad.  They were just trying to find a way to classify it so that they could get more money.  This was also their intent for splitting it into 2 sessions.

When I told the hygenist that I only wanted a regular cleaning she informed me that they could not do that because insurance would not accept that.  I think everyone on here knows that is crazy.

I was not arguing with the condition of my gums or the procedure they were going to use - just how they were spinning it to get more money out of me.  THEN - while in there I hear two other people going through the same exact conversations!  This place is just ripping people off period.

One other thing - This "routine" cleaning that was only supposed to be part one took 2 TWO hours!

Stupid me - I felt that since they had done xrays and started that I was stuck so I paid half of it.  When I got home and really thought through it I was very upset and called them, calmly to discuss why I thought this whole scenario was unfair.  They said they would only comp me for the half I had not done but I explained that they did not even finish the first half.  They had all kinds of issues with the instrument and finally said they would add it to the second part when I came back.

The whole experience was unfair and obviously rigged/planned.  Very sleazy feeling.  If you think I am being at all insincere, I invite you to make a visit.  I feel 100% confident that anyone going in will have this same thing happen.  As I said, I heard two others going through it and when I told the hygenist that I thought it was being unfair and I was unhappy she said "we are used to it".  WHAT?  How many times do they do this?  I bet you it is every patient!  I just wonder how many people fall for it.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/23/2012 01:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bryant-Dental/Madison-Alabama-35758/Bryant-Dental-Surprise-Charges-Shady-Practices-Madison-Alabama-931600. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bryant Dental

Resolved

AUTHOR: Jason - (United States of America)

The owner of the practice called me and seemed genuinely interested in resolving.  We agreed to an amount to cover the work that they did do.  I agreed to resolve the complaint.