Complaint Review: callwavemobile.com

• Submitted: Mon, April 02, 2012
  • Updated: Fri, December 28, 2012

• Reported By: Dianne — Rohnert Park California United States of America
callwavemobile.com
88 Kearny St. Suite 600, San Francisco, CA 94108 136 W. Canon Perdido St., California United States of America

callwavemobile.com callwave.com Charging debit card since 1998, no service! 136 W. Canon Perdido St., California

*Consumer Comment: callwave no longer reachable by any means

*UPDATE Employee: Response to Diane

I signed up with Callwave back in the 1990's, first only using their phone/internet service.  Then they came out with CallwaveMobile, a cell phone with a fixed monthly rate, so I signed up for that and received the cell phone.

Now, I've had the cell phone and only kept it for emergencies, in my vehicle in case my car broke down.  I have not used the cell phone for years, but have paid the monthly fee.

Recently someone broke into my vehicle and took the phone, so I tried to contact Callwave, found no phone numbers on the site so left a message with customer service.  After 2 weeks or so, with no response I tried again.  Still nothing, yet I noticed I am still being billed for their services.

I did an online search to see if anyone else had a problem contacting them and found MANY!  There was a couple of phone numbers listed, so I called and one said they no longer offer phone support and to write to care@callwave.com.  That did no good either.

IF they have not been viable for awhile now, I should NOT have been billed all this time (including this month!) and believe I should get a refund.  But, how do you do that when you can't contact anyone??

Maybe I need to contact consumer FRAUD?  Very shady business to say the least.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/02/2012 11:45 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/callwavemobilecom/136-W-Canon-Perdido-St-California-93101/callwavemobilecom-callwavecom-Charging-debit-card-since-1998-no-service-136-W-Canon-P-862676. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on callwavemobile.com

callwave no longer reachable by any means

AUTHOR: CallwaveFraudAlert - (United States of America)

There are some notes evidently from callwave people saying we can contact them.  I have tried multiple emails listed and all of them are returned as undeliverable.  These include
   care-42@callwave.com
   Care-ContactUs@callwave.com
   care@callwave.com

The site is down, I have also tried calling phone numbers that have appeared, and none of them reaches anyone.

Very recently, in Sept 2012, they promised via email that I would have service through Aug 2013.  Clearly this was a lie.

The company Fuzebox took responsibility for them, and evidently is not standing by their promises, which to me indicates that fuzebox will not be a company that we can trust or count on.

Response to Diane

AUTHOR: Care Manahers - (United States of America)

Dear Diane,

I sincerely apologize on behalf of CallWave for the confusion. I want to assist you with the issue you experienced. In order to assist you please email me directly at care-42@callwave.com and include the telephone number registered with the account as well as the email address so I can pull up the account and assist accordingly.

Thanks,