Complaint Review: Cameras and Parts

• Updated: Thu, May 08, 2014

• Reported By: tek — Ottawa Ontario
Cameras and Parts
1605 George Dieter, Suite574 El Paso, Texas USA

Cameras and Parts CamerasAndParts.com Takes cameras and money for repair and returns neither. El Paso Texas

*General Comment: CLAS ACTION LAWSUIT AGAINST CAMERA AND PARTS

I found out about the camera repair business Cameras and Parts through the internet and contacted them to find out about costs to repair my camera and packaged and mailed it to them for repair. I was contacted and given a quote for repair which I went ahead with. The call taker's name was Michael and he seemed friendly and chatty. During the call he kept mentioning about a collection agency his business used which I thought was a little strange. I paid with a credit card and was assured the camera would be repaired in a professional manner and returned to me with insurance coverage.

I received an email about a month later saying the camera has been shipped. I waited for a month and heard nothing back. I emailed and got a reply from an individual who identified themselves as Christina reassuring me that they were on top of the situation and that they could not issue a refund because if the camera showed up they would have to use that collection agency they always mention to collect the refund money.

Another month has gone by and I email once again and get more reassurances from Christina that they will look into it and get back to me tomorrow. Time goes by and still nothing. I try to call Cameras and Parts and they have a dodgy phone answering machine that does not identify the business by name and offers a free gift card worth $100 for local restaurants and to press the digit 1. Pressing 1 gets you hung up on.

I email again and Michael phones me and tells me my camera is covered for up to $600 in insurance and if they have to they will even overnight ship me a new replacement camera but does not offer to do so.

I found out that other people have had similar experiences where Cameras and Parts takes the person's camera and money and returns neither.

I looked up Cameras and Parts on the El Paso BBB and found they have had 75 complaints in the last three years and have a score of F with the Better Business Bureau.

To sum up if you don't want to waste your time and money and get your camera repaired and returned to you in a timely manner stay far away from CamerasAndParts.com

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/03/2013 06:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cameras-and-Parts/El-Paso-Texas-79936/Cameras-and-Parts-CamerasAndPartscom-Takes-cameras-and-money-for-repair-and-returns-neit-1089324. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cameras and Parts

#1 General Comment

CLAS ACTION LAWSUIT AGAINST CAMERA AND PARTS

AUTHOR: Juvi - ()

We are putting together a class action lawsuit against Cameras and Parts.  They have a D+ rating with the BBB and are not a authorized Canon Camera repair facility.  They They have  numerous unsatisfactory complaints against them at the BBB. E-mail me here crookhunter@yahoo.com

You can also contact the El Paso Times and talk to an editor and they will attempt to contact the owner Ryan Eisenberg.

You can file reports here as well..

Better Business Bureau

El Paso Police Department Online report

Internet Crime complaint Center online report

Texas Attorney Generals office

U.S. post office  1-800-275-8777. You can also file an online complaint at their website

Some of the reports are a bit lengthy but we need to stick together to get this crook closed down.

devoted