Complaint Review: carecredit

• Submitted: Sat, May 11, 2013
  • Updated: Sat, May 11, 2013

• Reported By: Lou — Oklahoma City Oklahoma

carecredit Unfairly raised interest rate Internet

*Author of original report: There may be some illegal disclosure in this comment

*Author of original report: More shillery?

*Author of original report: Shills

*Consumer Comment: comment

*Consumer Comment: Liquid

I signed up for this credit card with a dentist's office two years ago. It was never disclosed that the interest rate would change. My last statement showed a red letter warning that if I did not pay the balance my rates would go up. I called them and was told that my first year was a Promotional period. (I have had the account for 2 or more years at 12%).

I was then charged retro for the past year which added $120.00 to my balance and was then told the new interest rate will be a whopping 26.99%.

If I pay the minimum it will take 6 years to pay off totalling $1,757.00

I think this is loan sharking at its worst.

So much for dental care for me for a long while.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/11/2013 06:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/carecredit/internet/carecredit-Unfairly-raised-interest-rate-Internet-1050199. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on carecredit

There may be some illegal disclosure in this comment

AUTHOR: Lou - ()

Regarding this quote from Kage - ()

“$2000.00 in liquid, that some spensive liquid. What was it gas or sumtin.”

~~~

This person is more than likely an employee of CareCredit since this person knew the credit limit of my CareCredit account. An after-though occurred to me, this person as well may have disclosed what type of anesthesia was used in my treatment.

This would be against the law to disclose publicly.

Dental records are usually treated like medical records in most states.

More shillery?

"Liquid

AUTHOR: Kage - ()

“$2000.00 in liquid, that some spensive liquid. What was it gas or sumtin.”"

The above quote was posted on my report. Kage, how did you know to mention "$2000.00" if you did not have access or knowledge of my account?

NOTE to all:

Unless you're already  aware, there are what industries and government call "Sockpuppets" who post for companies or the govenment to deter complaints or whistleblowers. They are paid shills used to disrupt people who challenge their agendas. They are unethical and immoral people who will do anything for money.

Do not post on this report unless you have something honest to convey concerning this complainat agains CareCredit.

Thank you.

Shills

AUTHOR: Lou - ()

If I had been made aware (honest disclosure by your company) at signing up that I could face an incredibly high interest rate, that actually doubles the cost of my dental work, I would have made other arrangements. You are obviously a shill for this company, I am sure they have the money to distort and justify stealing money from people.

26.99%? REALLY? Would that NOT bother you?

I hope others add to this and we get a class action lawsuit going.

Don't reply to my post again.

AUTHOR: Jeanski - ()

Care Credit is a wonderful program and I've used it myself for dental work. They typically offer a promotional period in which there is no interest if the loan is paid IN FULL by the end of the period. Otherwise, they charge all the back interest. Had you read the information on each one of your bills you would have seen this.

Liquid

AUTHOR: Kage - ()

$2000.00 in liquid, that some spensive liquid. What was it gas or sumtin.