Complaint Review: Cash Awards Las Vegas

• Updated: Thu, September 20, 2012

• Reported By: peggy — westminster Maryland United States of America
Cash Awards Las Vegas
las vegas, Nevada United States of America

Cash Awards Las Vegas Elizabeth Elizabeth called and told me I won 3.7 million dollars. She would have a certified check delivered to me When delivered I must paid $340.00 to the delivery person. If I want theis person will go las vegas, Nevada

*Consumer Suggestion: Should Have Played It Out

On Sept 18, 2012  I got a call from a lady telling me I won 3.7 million dollars.  I told her to mail it to me and she said it had to be personally delivered.  I asked when they would deliver it and she said anytimeI wanted.  She told me I would have to pay $340.  to the deivery person.  I asked why and she said that is what they charge.  I said I didnot have the money but after the check cleared I would hand deliver the money to her with a tip.  She said that was not possible.  I asked to speak to a CEO or a manager.  she said one would call me back the next day.

The next day a CEO called me (it was her) and she said she would reduce the charge to $300.   I told her again that I did not have the money but would pay her as soon as the check cleared the bank and since it was certified it should cash immediately and I would pay the delivery person right there in the bank with a teller as a witness.   She said that is not the way they do business.   I said I could not get the money so I could not accept the prize.   She has called me everyday since sometimes 3 times a day.  I know this is a scam because I should not have to pay any money.  I really would like 3.7 millions  but so would everyone else.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/20/2012 04:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cash-Awards-Las-Vegas/las-vegas-Nevada-/Cash-Awards-Las-Vegas-Elizabeth-Elizabeth-called-and-told-me-I-won-37-million-dollars-944312. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cash Awards Las Vegas

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Should Have Played It Out

AUTHOR: John - (U.S.A.)

You had a perfect chance to set this schmuck up. Make the delivery appointment and have a local cop waiting inside your house. Would have been a priceless moment. Was the delivery person supposed to have a satchel of cash or was he going to give you a worthless check? I suspect the latter. Also, it could have been a setup for a robbery. Having the cop handy would have killed off that opportunity.