Complaint Review: Cattle Call Ranch

• Updated: Thu, December 19, 2013

• Reported By: Susan — Wading River New York
Cattle Call Ranch
700 East Turkey Creek Road Atoka, Oklahoma USA

Cattle Call Ranch Belinda A. FrankeDean N. Franke Unethical and deceptive horse sales...never disclosed that a horse she sold me was HYPP positive Atoka Oklahoma

*Consumer Comment: Cattle Call Ranch

*Author of original report: ABSOLUTELY WRONG - this was FRAUD

*Consumer Comment: Oh Boy

I live in New York and in November of 2013 I purchased a 10 year old palomino gelding for $7500 from Belinda Franke owner of Cattle Call Ranch In Oklahoma.  I asked if there were any issues, health or otherwise that I needed to know about.  I was assured the horse had no problems.

After only a few weeks, an emergency call was made to my vet.  It turns out the gelding was suffering from muscle tremors and that the horse was HYPP positive which was consistent with his symtoms.  (After further research with the AQHA, the horse tested HYPP N/H - positive in 2004 which was reflected on his Quarter Horse Registration papers and which were in Belinda Franke's possession).

Belinda Franke NEVER DISCLOSED THIS CRITICAL INFORMATION TO ME.  Had I been informed of this information, I would never have bought this horse.

After numerous attempts to resolve this problem, Belinda Franke refused to take the horse back and refund my money.  Belinda Franke acted dishonestly and unethically.   DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS WOMAN OR FROM HER RANCH!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/19/2013 06:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cattle-Call-Ranch/Atoka-Oklahoma-74525-7040/Cattle-Call-Ranch-Belinda-A-FrankeDean-N-Franke-Unethical-and-deceptive-horse-salesn-1108448. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cattle Call Ranch

Cattle Call Ranch

AUTHOR: Janet Murtha - ()

I wish to add my thoughts to this rip-off report. particularly to the person who claims it is the fault of Susan for not doing enough research.

When a person, Belinda Franke, represents her stock for sale and states to a customer that there are no problems, then there should be no problems. The fact that the papers were not with this horse at the time of sale so the potential customer could see the horse was HYPP positive is blatant fraud. Especially when Belinda Franke failed to tell the customer.

Being in the horse busines I find this detestable. A good honest dealer would be more than willing to take this horse back or offer a suitable replacement. It sounds like to me that Ms. Franke was hoping to get rid of this horse by whatever means she could use. Disgraceful

Janet -Ocala, Florida

ABSOLUTELY WRONG - this was FRAUD

AUTHOR: Susan - ()

Belinda Franke owned the horse and I went to see the horse at her "friends" house in upstate New York.  I rode the horse and asked all of the relevant questions.  I speciifically asked if there were ANY health issues....both this gentlemen and Belinda Franke (by phone) assured me he was healthy and there was nothing I needed to know.  She had his papers in Oklahoma.  I'm sorry but in my book, that's fraud.  She absolutely KNEW the horse was HYPP positive.  In fact, after calling the AQHA, I found out the horse had changed owners 3 times in 2011 right before she purchased him.   I had the horse hoof tested and had my vet check him when I got him home.  He checked out fine except that a week or two later he started exhibiting random muscle spasms.  It was only then that I put two and two together and found out about the HYPP!

Oh Boy

AUTHOR: Jessie - ()

Guess you bought the horse site unseen with no vet papers.  Your fault that you purchased this horse without checking out the horse first.  I have never EVER bought a horse without seeing the horse and having it checked out several times.  Stupid mistake on your part and NO I do not work for this person or even know this person.