Complaint Review: Coleman Powermate, Sanborn MFG. Division Of MAT Industries, LLC

• Submitted: Fri, October 18, 2013
  • Updated: Fri, October 25, 2013

• Reported By: Joe — Ararat Virginia
Coleman Powermate, Sanborn MFG. Division Of MAT Industries, LLC
118 W Rock St Springfield, Minnesota USA

Coleman Powermate, Sanborn MFG. Division Of MAT Industries, LLC Everyone has the same problem...they don't support the product or even HAVE repair parts Springfield Minnesota

The air compressor (1.5 hp, 175 lbs pressure, 10 gallong tank) I bought came from Lowes with the Kobalt brand on it (model 103797).  A definite factory defect caused it to eventually lose the ability to generate over 40 lbs of pressure.

I went to Lowes with my complaint. They gave me a number to call and assured me they would send the parts to fix it.  I called the number and they said the company that manufactured the compressor was Coleman and gave me a number to call.

I called Coleman and they told me they had sold out to MAT industries....and gave me a number to call.

I called MAT industries and found that their Sandborn Division built the compressor...but, they didn't have parts either.

Everyone was sorry but no one had parts.

I searched the internet furiously to find repair parts.  This compressor was sold as Powerforce, Powermate, Kobalt, and others but NO ONE has parts.

This is a $200 compressor.  It has been lightly used.  All the stickers are still on the tank..not a scratch on it!  And yet I can't get a simple pistor ring for it.

It was obvious when I took the top off to look at it that I had a factory defect.  When I looked into the bottom of the cylinder I saw something extending down the side of the piston.  It was the piston "O" ring which had been twisted and overlapped itself when installed.  It's the only way it could have happened.  I surmise that when the compressor was new the ring was supple enough to seal even though it was overlapped.  But as it aged and the ring hardened it let air by it and thus lowered the pressure produced.

A $200 compressor and no one will take responsibility for it and no one has repair parts for it!!!!!!!

In serching for parts on the internet I saw what appeared to be hundreds of people with the same complaint....even a few of them with the same factory defect I had.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/18/2013 08:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Coleman-Powermate-Sanborn-MFG-Division-Of-MAT-Industries-LLC/Springfield-Minnesota-56087-1315/Coleman-Powermate-Sanborn-MFG-Division-Of-MAT-Industries-LLC-Everyone-has-the-same-pro-1093010. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Coleman Powermate, Sanborn MFG. Division Of MAT Industries, LLC