Complaint Review: Colonial Penn Life Insurance

• Updated: Thu, January 02, 2014

• Reported By: My deserved better — New Smyrna Beach Florida
Colonial Penn Life Insurance
New Smyrna Beach, Florida USA

Colonial Penn Life Insurance Colonial Penn Life This company deceived me!!! Be aware!!! They don't care!!! New Smyrna Beach Florida

*Consumer Comment: Does your problem with this insurance have anything to do with this?...

Please be aware of colonial life insurance!! They only want your money!! Never gave me all of the policy Information in the beginning, and when my father passed they blamed him for losing it. But it was never in his possessions  because they only had my address for all the paper work. They deceived us! I signed documents thinking they were giving me all the information but the day a filed a claim thats when they gave me, apparently the "right" information. When I asked why wasn't I told this in the beginning they just blamed my deceased father, and I was only untitled to a little over $900 on a 12unit policey that I have been paying for. Please be careful!!! They are rip offs!!! My dad decerved better than what they offered!!! at the end of it all, all they can say is "well Im sorry you were not told the correct information but thats our policey even though you didnt recieve it and you have our condolences"

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/02/2014 02:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Colonial-Penn-Life-Insurance/New-Smyrna-Beach-Florida-32168/Colonial-Penn-Life-Insurance-Colonial-Penn-Life-This-company-deceived-me-Be-aware-T-1112356. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Colonial Penn Life Insurance

Does your problem with this insurance have anything to do with this?...

AUTHOR: Ken - ()

From Colonial Penn's website.    You Cannot Be Turned Down  This is permanent, whole life insurance with no health questions asked and no physical to take. You cannot be turned down because of your health. We can guarantee acceptance because of a two-year limited benefit period.

I suspect the policy was purchased less than two years ago and fell within these guidelines.  Who, if anybody, had the WRITTEN policy governing all this?

IF you were deceived as to the WRITTEN policy, file a complaint with your states insurance commissioner.  It would NOT be in their best interest to cheat your father or you and disregard the terms of the policy, which SOMEONE should have read.

The exclusion shown above is to head off fraud by someone knowing they're in bad health buying a policy at the last minute.

I challenge you to come back on Ripoff Report and HONESTLY respond to this.

No, I don't work for Colonial Penn or have any of their products.