Complaint Review: digisoftcare

• Submitted: Thu, July 19, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, July 19, 2012

• Reported By: angrydad — Greater Manchester Other United Kingdom

digisoftcare Beware Fake Microsoft Engineers calling from fake site then controlling your computer Internet

I was called today by someone claiming to have the surname as me, isn't that funny. He happened to be a Micorosft engineer and was fixing computer errors. He asked me if I had computer security issues and would I type the following keys in. I had no idea he was actually leading me inot a screensharing page and then proceeding to show me 'Error Messages'.

He told me it was free to sort these error messages out but then actually it was 60.00!!??!!
I hung up and when my daughter came home, after shouting at me she changed all my passwords and cancelled my cards. I hope nobody makes the same mistake. Basically don't ever let a stranger dictate what you do and don't do. I'm a bit older so think they used that against me, really disappointed.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/19/2012 01:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/digisoftcare/internet/digisoftcare-Beware-Fake-Microsoft-Engineers-calling-from-fake-site-then-controlling-your-914513. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on digisoftcare