Complaint Review: discountswarehouse.com

• Submitted: Mon, January 14, 2013
  • Updated: Mon, January 14, 2013

• Reported By: Howard — Woodland Hills California United States of America
discountswarehouse.com

discountswarehouse.com exoticfruitclub.com, buyexoticfruits.com, Nerry Pathak, nerrypathak, 24hourbestbuy.com, specialtyfruitclubs.com, discountwarehouse.us, tropicalfruitclub.com, Exotic Meats & Fruits (Corona, CA) Delayed by months, no refund, non-responsive Internet

I ordered a fruit that was offered on the website as a gift.  My receipt said I would receive an email as soon as it shipped.  After two weeks, I tried calling three different phone numbers I found (all between the hours stated on the website) and all received the same generic Indian-sounding voice message saying no one is available right now.  I tried their online chat system, but no one ever answered that.

I then tried an email address offered on the website, which apparently is the owner and only person involved in this collection of websites.  He replied that the fruit I ordered was unavailable and that it wouldn't go out until two months after my order was originally placed.  I told him that since it was to be a holiday gift for my wife, I could not wait, that it was currently offered by other sites I found and that I would like a refund.  He asked if I would like to apply it to a different fruit or basket, but I replied that my wife was hankering for this one particular fruit and that is what I had to get her.  I again asked for a refund and he wrote back that he would have his "billing" department contact me to get my credit card info.

Now, the original order was processed through YahooStores, and I'm sure he could have just processed the refund through them.  But I gave him my daytime phone number for the "billing department" to call.  For three days I waited, each day sending him a reminder that I was still awaiting a call.

It is now a week since I was promised a refund and I have since disputed the charge with my credit card company.  I have also since placed an order for the exact same fruit with another online company that shipped today (and for less money, I might add).  I have also since found the Better Business Bureau's rating of 'F' for this company and, of course, this website's previous reviews.  You have been warned!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/14/2013 01:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/discountswarehousecom/internet/discountswarehousecom-exoticfruitclubcom-buyexoticfruitscom-Nerry-Pathak-nerrypathak-996712. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on discountswarehouse.com