fortune

• Updated: Fri, August 09, 2013

• Reported By: Luke — Salt Lake City Utah
dish
P.O box 9730 Toledo, Ohio USA

dish - dish network T.V. Internet and phone The provided me with a modem for my internet which hasn't worked right since I got it in May 2013. Toledo Ohio

*UPDATE Employee: Your Post

My name is Luke and in May of 2013, I signed up for internet service with "dish" network and they sent out the equipment for me to install. I was told that I had to set up my own internet even though they had advertised that they would set it up for me. I was okay with that because I had, had internet service before and knew how to set up the equipment.

After a few weeks of having some difficulties with my internet going off and on, I called them and they helped me reset the modem they sent me with the installation package. Then after a few more weeks the same thing happened and they helped me reprogram the modem again. The modem worked okay for about 3 weeks, then started acting up again, so I called them to see if they would send me another modem. They said that I would have to pay for the new modem, but that they would rather send a technician out to see if the outside lines were causing the problem. After checking the lines, the technician said that the problem was in the modem or the inside wiring, but that his company would not fix the problem. I called dish numerous times to get this resolved and they continue to tell me that I will have to pay $99.00 for them to come out and check my home to see what the problem is and that I would have to pay more money if it was wiring or a new modem.

The problem I have with this, is that the modem has not worked right since I got the service and they are claiming that I only called once to tell them that I was having problems. I assure you that I have called them many more times than just once and they knew from the getgo that the modem was bad. Reprogramming it only fixed it for a while.

I'm very upset with dish and regardless of whether or not someone can get them to horor their contract with me, once my 2 years of service is up, I am going to go with another company. Their representatives were unmovable and refused to listen to reason.

I don't know of any company that wouldn't fix a problem that was a problem from the very beginning and not charge the customer for doing so. I think it is horrible what dish is doing to people. I pay $135.00 a month and have been a loyal customer for almost 2 years. Does loyalty and paying your bill on time mean nothing to "dish"

If you can help me with this, I would be eternally in your debt. Thank you for your indulgence in this matter.

Luke B

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/09/2013 12:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/dish-/Toledo-Ohio-436979730/dish-dish-network-TV-Internet-and-phone-The-provided-me-with-a-modem-for-my-internet-1074482. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on dish

Your Post

AUTHOR: MikeL DISH - ()

Luke,

It would be my pleasure to assist you with this and have you tried getting a hold of our internet specialist at 1-800-333-3474 to go over any options?  Please let me know and feel free to email me at michael.lemar@dish.com if there's anything else I can help you with!