Complaint Review: Dollar Rent a Car LAX

• Updated: Wed, October 10, 2012

• Reported By: susan — haymarket Virginia United States of America
Dollar Rent a Car LAX
Lax Airport, Los Angeles, California United States of America

Dollar Rent a Car LAX Fooled into paying for insurance i did not need petrol at double the price! Los Angeles, California

For years we have been renting cars in America and were used to attempts to bribe passengers to upgrade pay extras etc yet I was still manipulated by the aggressive tactics of Dollar Car Rental at LAX.

Being tired, travelling alone Im not sure but what I do know is the guy DEFINATELY told me to bring the car back empty and I had stipulated, which he repeated, that I had geico insurance and did not need insurance.  Being 5ft I could barely reach the screen and stupidly I trusted the guy for what I was signing!

I had booked a car for four days for $90 dollars ended up paying $404!!!!!  As soon as I discovered what had happened I called dollar who told me not to worry it could be sorted only at LAX when I returned the car!  However the manager told me I had never called and that I signed so basically tough luck!  On contacting customer service the aggressive nature of the person whom made me sign, the disrespective attitude of the manager and the complete lack of respect for the customer where all ignored.

They are bloody good at what they do - conning people - and this should be stopped!!!!!! I rent cars all over America several times a year and I will never again go to Dollar.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/10/2012 01:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dollar-Rent-a-Car-LAX/Los-Angeles-California-/Dollar-Rent-a-Car-LAX-Fooled-into-paying-for-insurance-i-did-not-need-petrol-at-double-th-953468. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dollar Rent a Car LAX