Complaint Review: Dr. Marina Pizarro

• Reported By: WestCoastDude — tampa Florida
Dr. Marina Pizarro
5105 Memorial Hwy Tampa, Florida USA

Dr. Marina Pizarro Dr. Pizarro and John Satino are Scammers! Tampa Florida

*Consumer Comment: Bad use of $3000 at Pizarro Hair Restoration in Orlando Florida

*UPDATE Employee: PRP Therapy

Four years ago I was living in the Clearwater, fl area and was losing my hair.  I visited Dr. Markou and his "assistant" John Satino and since I was hesitant on doing hair surgery, they recommended this PRP treatment that cost me $1200.  A year later i had less hair and was out the money.  I then went to Dr. Marina Pizarro in her Tampa office and explained my experience and she said in her own words "the PRP treatment is not proven, you need a hair transplant."  So trusted her judgement, spent another $6000 and had the surgery and a year after...no improvement either...I got scammed twice!!!

A while back I starting searching for a better, honest hair doctor and came across this article appointing Dr. Pizarro as the Medical Director of a company called BioStem, which specialized in PRP and had the same John Satino as President...the scammers had united!!!

After doing more research, I found another article showing BioStem's CEO getting arrested by the FEDS for creating a SHELL COMPANY...ripping off millions from investors.  http://clearwater.patch.com/articles/clearwater-companys-ceo-among-14-arrested-on-fraud-charges

If you look at her website after the FAQs, she even states she doesn't promise any results...even after charging people money and even telling me a year before that PRP was not proven to work!!!   http://www.drpizarro.com/thebiostem-method.html

I'm making this report for no monetary compensation nor any refunds.  I am doing it for the sole purpose to warn the public of these unethical people who only care about money!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/05/2013 12:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dr-Marina-Pizarro/Tampa-Florida-33634/Dr-Marina-Pizarro-Dr-Pizarro-and-John-Satino-are-Scammers-Tampa-Florida-1056653. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dr. Marina Pizarro

Bad use of $3000 at Pizarro Hair Restoration in Orlando Florida

AUTHOR: Unhappy Patient - ()

I personally attest that this treatment I had so much hope for turned out terrible.  I did not want to go through a surgery and dr. pizzaro assured me the great results this PRP thing offers patients like me.  I paid $3000 of my hard earned money and got absolutely no improvement.  I cannot recomend this to anyone considering my bad experience.

PRP Therapy

AUTHOR: melshag - ()

Dear Former Employee of Pizarro Hair Restoration now current employee of Dr. Barusco and TEMPUS Hair, aka WestCoastDude and TampaGuy:

is this really the best use of your time?

As the Patient Coordinator, I know I spend my work day answering questions, new patient inquiries and helping hundreds of patients regain their confidence through hair restoration, how do you even find the time for this nonsense? It would be one thing if you were actually trying to help people on this blog with real reviews, but you use it for your own petty vengeance. I personally have had PRP and am very pleased with the results. I would be happy to refer you to to several patients (most of them in the medical field) who sing the praises of both Dr. Pizarro and this therapy. If you would like to make an appointment for platelet rich plasma injections, let me know, I will try my best to work you in.

In regards to the Biostem issue, you are exactly right. It is public knowledge that she stepped down as Director. She did not want to be associated with individuals that were scamming the public.

Get back to work and get over the fact that you two are no longer "friends" nor an employee of Pizarro Hair Restoration. It's a shame that you feel the need slander her and her practice.

To new patients reading this, we apologize in advance for this and other posts that are being made under aliases. We are currently taking legal action to prevent this individual from misinforming patients as this is not the intention of the forum.

Please contact us with any questions or concerns. We would be happy to openly discuss any of our many hair restorative services.