Complaint Review: Dyckman Electronics Center

• Updated: Tue, July 15, 2014

• Reported By: EEM — Bronx New York
Dyckman Electronics Center
151 Dyckman Street New York, New York USA

Dyckman Electronics Center Frontrowelectronics.com. Questionable Business Ethics and Customer Service New York New York

I am now receiving calls from this company asking me to change my online review. This behavior is very unethical. .

My mother ordered a digital washing machine from the company and then exchanged it for a manual machine, hoping that it would have fewer problems than the first washing machine.

Unfortunately, the second washing machine had technical problems as well. We faxed an updated letter explaining that the new washing machine was not working, and a letter to the owner outlining our bad experience with the manager and employees.

The first time we spoke with the manager about our experience with the first washer we purchased, he clearly told my mother and I he would only exchange it if we didn’t return with another complaint. He also asked us not to purchase anything from the company again.

We received an e-mail with the subject line, “Need you to call. Thank you.” I was confused, since my mother had given them our home phone number when we purchased the washing machine. Not only did we receive poor treatment, but our contact information was also lost! We felt overwhelmed after reading this and decided to look for a mediator.

We also wanted to respect the manager’s request not to give him another complaint, and after our experience with his employees we didn’t feel comfortable, so my mother and I both agreed we should contact the BBB (Better Business Bureau) to help us reach a mutual agreement.

The company did not have the courtesy to contact the BBB in advance to inform them they were coming to pick up the washing machine and were going to issue us a full refund, so we were surprised when the workers showed up at our house. Fortunately we were there to let them in, but it was very unprofessional of them.

I wish this company to stop contacting me and try maintaining a sense of integrity and honesty. Thank you.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/15/2014 09:50 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dyckman-Electronics-Center/New-York-New-York-10040/Dyckman-Electronics-Center-Frontrowelectronicscom-Questionable-Business-Ethics-and-Cust-1162155. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dyckman Electronics Center