Complaint Review: ebay

• Updated: Thu, November 14, 2013

• Reported By: kutthekrap — Long Beach California
ebay
2145 Hamilton Ave San Jose, California USA

ebay Pierre M. Omidyar, CEO EBAY LIES DO NOT TRUST EBAY INSTRUCTIONS OR BUYER PROTECTION San Jose California

I made a purchase from DAVID SHIRE who owns DAVID SHIRE JEWELERS IN NJ and THE RAD GALLERY IN NY & LONDON. The item was packed in a box that was way too small, so small that the item was placed DIAGONALLY, from TOP TO BOTTOM. The item had delicate tips on each end that were pressed against the two corners...or the item was already broken. Both ends were broken when it arrived, but the box was in pristine condition.

I notified the seller... in WRITING, through ebay messages. They agreed to refund and pay return shipping. At no time did they give me a time frame to return. Since it was obvious that the damage was from negligent packing, there was no reason for me to think that the loss could honestly be claimed on insurance.

The item I bought was to be used as my husband's urn. [continued below]....

..... A little wish of his for something unusual.

My husband, 30 year military vet and double amputee, is fighting stage IV colon cancer. Chemo is hard for anyone; for a 72 yo diabetic it is pure hell. Since I was not advised of a time frame, I put him first as he was experiencing some complications at that time.

I admit that I did not return until 8 weeks later, but again, unless the seller lied, he could not make an insurance claim.

Two days before I mailed it, I sent the seller an email, apologizing for the delay with reasonable explanation and leting him know I was mailing. I mailed the item. The seller REFUSED it and it came back to me.

Even though I have it in writing from them,IN THE EBAY SYSTEM, with no time restrictions, the seller got nasty, REFUSED TO COMPLETE THE WRITTEN CONTRACT HE MADE WITH ME and EBAY now refuses to help at all.

I guess that a written contract with an ebay seller means nothing and ebay does not care. I did not file a claim because the seller was so gracious about refunding.

WARNING TO ALL: When you have a problem on ebay, file a complaint immediately, no matter what the seller says. Even though ebay tells you to try and work it out, they will not make the seller comply with their promises. FILE A COMPLAINT NO MATTER HOW NICE THEY ARE!

Beware of this seller!

I would like ebay to make the seller keep his word, AND NOW PAY FOR THE SECOND LOST SHIPPING FEE!
Sincerely,

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/14/2013 08:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ebay/San-Jose-California-95125/ebay-Pierre-M-Omidyar-CEO-EBAY-LIES-DO-NOT-TRUST-EBAY-INSTRUCTIONS-OR-BUYER-PROTECTION-1099433. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ebay