Complaint Review: Electric District 3

• Updated: Tue, October 01, 2013

• Reported By: Joy — Maricopa Arizona
Electric District 3
19756 N John Wayne Pkwy Maricopa , Arizona USA

Electric District 3 I have been in Maricopa for 11 years. In that time I have had billls range from 100.00 to 1000.00. ED3 makes City of Maricopa a future Ghost town! Maricopa Arizona

*Consumer Comment: I also want to know

*Consumer Comment: How many kilowatt hours do you use in a month?

I have lived in the City of Maricopa for 11 years.  Being the Real Estate feild, I have seen our little city grow.  We have community events and we all love being here.  Time and time again I talk to families that plan on moving OUT of Maricopa and I ask why.  It comes to the same problem.... the Electric company and the water company scare them away.  My electric bill for my 2400 sq ft house last month was $620.00 this month was $680.00.  Something needs to be done!  I don't want to see out little town turn into a ghost town.  It breaks my heart to see all the Uhaulson the 347 leaving Maricopa.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/01/2013 04:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Electric-District-3/Maricopa-Arizona-85139/Electric-District-3-I-have-been-in-Maricopa-for-11-years-In-that-time-I-have-had-billls-1088723. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Electric District 3

I also want to know

AUTHOR: Stacey - ()

My home is 2690 square feet and my bills are around 400.00 in the summer and around 150.00 in the winter.  I cannot understand how a smaller home like yours eats so much electricity.  My parents house runs around $800.00+ a month but they have a very large pool and keep lights/tvs/etc on all the time.  I know Arizona gets really hot in the summer but you have a dry heat.  Dallas gets hot too but we have a humid heat.

How many kilowatt hours do you use in a month?

AUTHOR: Ken - ()

Also, what do you pay per kilowatt hour?

My 1440 sq ft house in colorado, where it's a lot cooler than Arizona used 1800 - 1900 kwh in the summer months at a cost of about 11 cents/kwh at tier 2 summer rates.  This was in 2010.  I keep my house at 76 degrees in the summer.

Fall of 2010 I put in an 8 kwh solar system and my summer bill is now $8.41, which is the facility charge to the power company.

Not so sure your rates are out of line.

I really would be interested in your usage and rate per kwh, if you could post it.

acts