Complaint Review: Equity Institutional of Ohio

• Updated: Thu, April 03, 2014

• Reported By: Anonymous — Central Oregon
Equity Institutional of Ohio
1 Equity Way Westlake, Ohio USA

Equity Institutional of Ohio Sterling Trust CompanyEquity Institutional of Waco, Texas Not In Your Best Interest Westlake Ohio

I agree totally with the report of 3-28-14.  We have been waiting for 2 plus months for Equity (formerly Sterling) to get a transaction processed.  It keeps getting handed off to another person and we go through it all over again.  It's a simple transaction that has been done many times int he past 8 years but this company cannot seem to get it right.  They moved the headquarters from Waco, Texas to Westlake, Ohio probably to avoid lawsuits.  Who knows.  It's like a toss up as to what will happen next.  This is so unsettling.  We plan to do some research and get our properties out of their hands as soon as possible.  This is the chat string I had today:

You are now chatting with 'Erik'

Erik: Hello

Debra: I am writing not only about my account with Equity formerly Sterling but also to ask that someone please get the transaction (deleted name)  requested on (deleted) account processed. It has been over 2 months since this request was submitted and still nothing is right. I am filing a Rip-Off Report as well as sending this chat. I see there are others, many others, who are complaining on the internet about your company. It is shameful.

Erik: I do not have access to current account information. Please call 877-693-8203

Debra: Of course you don't, why would you be chatting with me if you did. Do you only have access to closed accounts or those not yet being fleeced?

This young man went on to say he only helped guide potential clients through how to set up an account, yet a chat choice popped up when their site was accessed.

I have no idea how this will all shake out but I do know if you cal lthe above number you are put on hold for 20-30 minutes and then only if you have the right office in the company will they help you.  We are on our third set of teams to help get a simple thing done.  I wonder if Bernie works for this company from prison?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/03/2014 01:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Equity-Institutional-of-Ohio/Westlake-Ohio-44145/Equity-Institutional-of-Ohio-Sterling-Trust-CompanyEquity-Institutional-of-Waco-Texas-No-1136045. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Equity Institutional of Ohio