Complaint Review: eyeweartown.com

• Submitted: Thu, March 11, 2010
  • Updated: Thu, March 11, 2010

• Reported By: AG — Texas United States of America
eyeweartown.com

eyeweartown.com decormyeyes.com Took payment without shipping item, refused to issue refund, sent threatening emails Internet

I paid $302 for eyeglasses, and $25 for overnight shipping, for a total of $327, on March 1, 2010.

I was never sent an invoice or a receipt, so I proceeded a few days later to contact the seller inquiring about the item.
  Seller responded that the item was on back-order, and that I did not pay for overnight shipping (despite the Paypal transaction clearly showing I did).

Upon notification that the item was on backorder, I requested to cancel my order. Seller said per his website, my order was subject to a 20% cancellation fee.  I felt this was egregious and requested a full refund.
Seller denied my request and sent several emails threatening to file a civil suit for harassment and asking for my attorney's information.

At this point, I conceded that I would not be receiving a full refund, but requested that, per their website, I was entitled to be refunded the entire shipping cost. To date I have not received that.

The rash and unstable actions by the seller makes it clear they are not interested in maintaining good customer service, nor do they intend on honoring their own site statements.

My unfortunate encounter with the seller prompted me to do an internet search and I happened upon several consumer websites with specific complaints as to this seller's practices. (they also own several other sites, including decormyeyes.com and eyewearus.com, all of which have many online complaints)

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/11/2010 09:13 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/eyeweartowncom/internet/eyeweartowncom-decormyeyescom-Took-payment-without-shipping-item-refused-to-issue-refun-579778. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on eyeweartown.com