Complaint Review: Fast Appliance Services

• Updated: Fri, December 27, 2013

• Reported By: Bill — Lake Grove New York
Fast Appliance Services
2188-175 Nesconset Hwy. Stony Brook, New York USA

Fast Appliance Services AAA All Brand Appliance, AAA Active Appliance Fast Service Faulty diagnosis of washing machine. There was a sock stuck in the drain port but they told me that the pump needed replacing. Stony Brook New York

My washing machine would not completly drain. I called Fast Appliance Service (Which also goes by several other names). They sent a repair person the next day. They charge $125 cash just for them to show up. After looking at the machine the repair person told me that it needed a new motor pump and I would need to pay in full an additional $362.45 for them to order the pump. I paid it, but the next day I decided to research the washing machine problem on the internet. Several sites state that socks often get stuck in the drain trap. I opened the drain trap and looked inside and found a trapped sock. After removing the sock the machine ran fine. I immediatly called to cancel the parts and repair but was told they would not refund any money. After several calls I was able to get back $225. out of the $487.45 that I paid. An experienced repair person should have checked for the sock right from the start.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/27/2013 09:03 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Fast-Appliance-Services/Stony-Brook-New-York-11790/Fast-Appliance-Services-AAA-All-Brand-Appliance-AAA-Active-Appliance-Fast-Service-Faulty-1110950. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Fast Appliance Services