Complaint Review: firstSTREET

• Reported By: valred — Silsbee Texas United States of America
firstSTREET
1998 Ruffin Mill Road Colonial Heights, Virginia United States of America

firstSTREET TV Ears rip off Colonial Heights, Virginia

Three weeks after promised, received TV Ears for which I was charged $15.95 in shipping plus the $89.95 for the TV ears.  My card was charged immediately and weeks before shipping. Had to call the company myself twice before having the item delivered. Non functioning on arrival, would not charge and had multiple electrical shorts in the wires. Contacted them for return#, not asked reason for return. Called a second time to ask whether I would be paying for return shipping as well as received shipping on a "dead on arrival" item. Answer was 'if I had said they arrived broken, I would have been sent prepaid return label", but too bad now. End result is I will pay $20 for a broken, returned item. Why can I send for $5, but they charged $16? Handling? no way--if you sell items over the internet, you must expect to handle the item. Rep was rude and actually stated I could return for less than they charged in shipping so it would only cost me $20 for doing business with them and not having anything to show for it except a trip to the post office.  At no time was I offered a replacement item nor was an apology given. As for the product itself: junk.  Save yourself some aggravation and do not do business with this company.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/13/2013 08:34 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/firstSTREET/Colonial-Heights-Virginia-23834/firstSTREET-TV-Ears-rip-off-Colonial-Heights-Virginia-1028006. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on firstSTREET