- Report: #1136504
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Frank Ettin
Frank Ettin2089 Staghorn Way Livermore, California USA
Frank Ettin not a legal expert on firearms or self defense matters Livermore California
*General Comment: Frank Ettin provides detailed, accurate information...
*REBUTTAL Individual responds: It Looks Like Someone Doesn't Like Me.
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
Frank Ettin is a "staff member" at www.thefiringline.com and www.thehighroad.com who is in charge of the legal sections of those particular websites. Frank provides specific legal advice to the members of those forums in regards to firearms and self defense. In that regard, I would like to make the following points:
1) Frank has never either prosecuted or defended any individual in any criminal court in regards to firearms or self-defense laws. Franks's experience is in healthcare law working at such companies as Blue Cross. Frank has no real experience, except for reading legal books on the topics, in the legal matters behind firearms and self-defense. [continued below]....
This is Franks linkedin profile: linkedin.com/pub/frank-ettin/1b/634/458
2) Frank does not openly disclose his experience in these matters and acts as if he is the defacto legal expert on these websites insisting people follow him and having tantrums when they dont. However, Frank simply isnt qualified to talk about these matters based on his legal experience in the healthcare industry. Neither website lists out Franks resume and Frank does not openly provide information on his background nor does he preface his posts stating he has no experience in these areas of law.
3) Frank is performing paid-for seminars and road-shows at gun conferences talking about legal issues in self-defense when he is not qualified.
4) Legal issues are complex and "local". What is legal in one geography is not legal in the other. Someone with real experience in a court-room defending these matters should be answering legal questions on these websites.
There is another rip-off report on this website about Frank and I am inclined to believe it. Frank believes since that he is a lawyer he can talk about any area of law expertly. So I can believe that this other guy hired Frank and failed to deliver.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/05/2014 07:18 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Frank-Ettin/Livermore-California-94550/Frank-Ettin-not-a-legal-expert-on-firearms-or-self-defense-matters-Livermore-California-1136504. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.