• Report: #1092039

Georgia Driving Academy
1448 VFW Drive Conyers, Georgia USA

Georgia Driving Academy GDA Not what I was promised Conyers Georgia

*UPDATE Employee: Fraudulent Report

I went here and paid 4000$ to the school.  I was promised a CDL license in 3 weeks.  When the training was over I was told I couldn't test for 2 weeks after the end.  I waited and by the time I tested I was no longer ready to pass like I was originally.  The retest was 2 weeks later again and they brought me in for only 1 hour to get me ready.  I failed again and was told I had to wait another 2 weeks.  So now I started and graduated and was looking at 9 weeks before school was over.  I was convinced to come the Georgia Driving Academy instead of the local tech school which was free.

I got completley riped off sure I finally got a license but by then no company would hire me because it had taken me so long to get my license.  Please do not go to this school it is a rip off......

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/15/2013 08:02 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Georgia-Driving-Academy/Conyers-Georgia-30012/Georgia-Driving-Academy-GDA-Not-what-I-was-promised-Conyers-Georgia-1092039. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Georgia Driving Academy

Fraudulent Report

AUTHOR: bb - ()

I work at Georgia Driving Academy and I believe this report is fraudulent, potentially produced by a competitor, for the following reasons:

1) The tuition is grossly overstated.

2) We do not promise a license. We only promise the best training in Georgia perhaps nationwide.

2) It has never taken our students two weeks to be tested at the state. Our students test the first day the DDS is open upon graduation. (Actually 2 days)

3) If a retest is required it would be rare and it not take two weeks to be retested. Most retests are done next day. Our first time pass rate is extremely high.

4) Additionally, a company would not care if it took you long to get your license they would still hire you. We are the only school in Georgia that has a dedicated full time career services coordinator.

5) Our licensing rate of students is annually in the mid to upper 90% range (checked by accrediting body, not internally), anybody who tells you they are 100% is just a used car salesman.

6) Our job placement rate of students is annually in the low to mid 90% range (again checked by Accrediting body, not internally) and again anybody who tells you they are 100% is just a used car salesman.

If this report is indeed real I would like to invite John C or anyone else who has questions to call Georgia Driving Academy at 770-918-8501.

Respectfully,