Complaint Review: Greendot Prepaid Cards

• Updated: Thu, September 19, 2013

• Reported By: Guy — Bakersfield California
Greendot Prepaid Cards
3465 E. Foothill Blvd Pasadena, California USA

Greendot Prepaid Card I call the phone number on the reload card, my card was restricted and they will not load the card. Pasadena California

*UPDATE Employee: Green Dot Corporation Response

I've had a Greendot cash reloadable Visa Card for about 3 months and have run almost $3000 through it so far. I use it for normal purchases food, gas, pay bills online etc, you know - the normal stuff. Today I bought a Cash Reload card and put $480 on it at the local Vons. I called the Cash Reload number 30 minutes later to transfer the money to card like I always do. After punching the card number in the system transferred me to a representative who proceeded to tell me the card was "restricted" and that I could no longer load money to it or open another card in the future. What? Why? She said that the card was not intended to be used that way and that I should find another card or something to that affect. I was seeing RED!!! I asked what is the problem.

She said "We cannot tell you the reason. just that you will be funded the balance left on the card by check in 7-10 days. [continued below]....

.....

I said I can't believe this, you can just shut this down and not give me any reason why?. That's not right. May I speak to a supervisor?

She said, you speaking to one.

I said, I want to speak to your supervisor.

She said, I can take your number and a supervisor will contact you within 24 to 48 hours.

I started to ask how I can get the money back that I just put on the Cash Reload I bought from Vons. She almost hung up on me! I said "Don't you dare hang up on me!" I asked the question and gave the Cash Reload scratch-off code number to nasty woman. She then said I'd get the money via mail Oct 3rd.

The Representatives name was "Rosanne". What a Bee-yatch! if that is her real name.

I cannot believe a company would treat their clients this way. I'm in shock.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/19/2013 01:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Greendot-Prepaid-Cards/Pasadena-California-91017/Greendot-Prepaid-Card-I-call-the-phone-number-on-the-reload-card-my-card-was-restricted-1085833. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Greendot Prepaid Cards

Green Dot Corporation Response

AUTHOR: Green Dot Corporation - ()

We regularly monitor customer accounts to verify they are being used in a way that is consistent with the intended purpose of the card. Our card is intended to be used for personal use and activity that is inconsistent with the regular use of our customers may call for review and a block of your account. Circumstances which would call for a block vary depending on the card type and the activity. These blocks are placed to protect Green Dot and our customers. For security, we can’t provide specific details on the reason for the block. Unfortunately, if the decision was made to close a card, we can’t allow any more reloads. A reload purchased for your account can be refunded via refund check and you will receive it 7-10 business days from the time you request it. Please visit the MoneyPak website or contact MoneyPak support using the number on the back of your card to request a refund if you have not done so yet.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC