Complaint Review: Gregory Charles Morris

• Submitted: Tue, April 15, 2014
  • Updated: Tue, April 15, 2014

• Reported By: Gregory Charles Morris: Con Artist, Liar, and Thief! — Mobile Alabama
Gregory Charles Morris
16005 State Road 50 Clermont, Florida USA

Gregory Charles Morris con-artist, compulsive liar, thief, bad businessman Clermont Florida

Gregory Charles Morris is currently a finance director at Clermont Nissan in Clermont, Florida.  He was previously employed as director of finance at Ocala Subaru & Volvo in Ocala, FL.  Prior to leaving his position at Ocala Subaru & Volvo, Gregory Morris stole $500 from me that I had sent to him as a down payment on a car that he was supposed to be helping me purchase.

I first came into contact with Gregory Morris in January 2014, after a family member suggested that he might be able to help me since I was in the market for a new vehicle.  I contacted Gregory and explained to him that I was interested in purchasing a Toyota 4 Runner.  Gregory stated that he could purchase whatever type of vehicle I wanted from auction.  He asked that I send $500 as a deposit for the vehicle and he would go to auction and purchase it.

I sent Gregory Charles Morris $500 through Western Union on January 30, 2014. [continued below]....

.....  Gregory asked that I send the money by Western Union because I live in Mobile, AL and he is located in Florida.  I informed him that I would be selling the vehicle I had at the time privately, and would be putting some of the money from that sale towards the remainder of the down payment for the new vehicle.  Over the next 3 weeks, Gregory provided me with the details of several vehicles that he located at auction.  I was unable to find a vehicle that met the specifications I was looking for in terms of price, year, color, and features.  At the same time, the sale of my old vehicle fell through.  I informed Gregory that I decided not to purchase a vehicle from him at the time and would consider purchasing from him in the future.

I asked Mr. Morris to return my $500 in the same manner that I sent it to him, by Western Union.  Gregory stated that he would have to sell the vehicle he had purchase for me at auction in order to release my $500 deposit.  I told Mr. Morris that I did not agree to any vehicle being purchased on my behalf, and he never informed me that he had purchased any vehicle on my behalf.  Gregory insisted that my money would be returned to me when after the vehicle was sold at auction.

On April 2, 2014, I contacted Mr. Morris by phone to find out the status of my deposit being returned to me.  Gregory stated that he no longer worked for Ocala Subaru & Volvo, but that he had contacted them and they told him they had sent me a check for my deposit.  He further stated that when the vehicle he claimed to have purchased for me was sold at auction, the dealership lost money and his paycheck was docked as a result of this.  He stated that he intended to take his previous employer to court over this issue.  Mr. Morris also stated to me in a text message that he would send the money to me out of his own pocket on April 11, 2014.

On April 3, 2014, I contacted Ocala Subaru & Volvo in attempt to verify the information that I had been told by Mr. Morris.  I spoke with Sales Manager, Pete Petrosky.  Mr. Petrosky stated that there was no record of any vehicle being purchased on my behalf.  After telling Mr. Petrosky the entire story he stated, "Uh oh, I don't like the sound of this."  There was alos no record of any check being sent to me, as claimed by Gregory Morris.

On April 11th, 2014, I contacted Gregory Morris to ensure that he was sending the $500 as he stated he would.  He claimed that he had not received his paycheck, but would contact me the next day.  I never heard from Mr. Morris.  I have contacted him several times by cell phone, text message, facebook, and on his work phone.  He has not responded to any of my messages as of today.

I have learned from family members that Gregory Morris has a history of this type of behavior and is not to be trusted.  I would hate to see anyone else fall victim to this lying, cheating, stealing, con-artists.  BUYER BEWARE!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/15/2014 09:05 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Gregory-Charles-Morris/Clermont-Florida-34711/Gregory-Charles-Morris-con-artist-compulsive-liar-thief-bad-businessman-Clermont-Flori-1138965. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Gregory Charles Morris