Complaint Review: Grundy Worldwide Insurance

• Updated: Thu, May 24, 2012

• Reported By: Jim — Columbia Tennessee United States of America
Grundy Worldwide Insurance
400 Horsham Rd P.O box 1957 Horsham, Pennsylvania United States of America

Grundy Worldwide Insurance BUYER BEWARE, They give you a quote, take your money and then you never hear from them Horsham, Pennsylvania

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Grundy Insurance vs. Grundy Worldwide

I got a on line collectible auto insurance quote, gave the description of the collectible auto and sent in pictures. I accept the quote and send in a check.  Weeks pass, no policy received, I hear nothing from them. I call and some guy puts me on hold 10 minutes. Then returns to the phone and states my vehicle is over-valued based on his looking at 2 pictures. No question what so ever. (I purchased at auction, I have 45+ years in automotive business and auto dealers license 10+ years, value requested is well below Kelly blue book.) He states only can insure for 50% of the on line quoted value based on who knows what. I say never mind, other companies would be glad to do business with me. I requested they send my check back which he agrees to do.  I hang up and call Hagerty insurance, they give me a quote (much cheaper than Grundy) for same requested value Grundy turned down, give me a instant 30 day binder (fax) and mail me  a policy and a bill, all within days.  Over 3 months later I get a call from Grundy requesting to deposit my check and insure my auto for the lesser amount.  I said (second request) just send my check back.  Took them over three months to return my check. What kind of business are they running? Customer service seems non existent.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/23/2009 07:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Grundy-Worldwide-Insurance/Horsham-Pennsylvania-19044/Grundy-Worldwide-Insurance-BUYER-BEWARE-They-give-you-a-quote-take-your-money-and-then-527801. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Grundy Worldwide Insurance

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Grundy Insurance vs. Grundy Worldwide

AUTHOR: Jim Grundy - (United States of America)

I just read a complaint stating Grundy Insurance did not provide insurance for an applicants Classic car.  For the record Grundy Insurance, until 4 days ago, has NOT been affiliated with Grundy Worldwide Collector Car insurance for the last year!!!
  My name is Jim Grundy and allow me to elaborate: For over 60 years my Father before me and I have run Grundy Insurance Agency with several divisions the largest of which until last Sping 2011 was Grundy Worldwide Collector Car Insurance.
  Last Spring our underwiting company for the Grundy Worldwide Collector Program, Philadelphia Insurance, exercised a contractual right to terminate our agency from the Collector Car Program and take over the name Grundy Worldwide.

They proceeded to do just that and without any experience or knowledge how to run the business; a new computer system full of "gliches"; and no staff of "Car Guys"- things went haywire!!!

I suspect the person who wrote the complaint/report that I'm rebutting got caught up in this!!

The future however is bright. To my surprise, good fortune, and hopefully for the benefit of all our friends and policyholders, two months ago, the President of Philadelphia Insurance called and asked us to TAKE BACK the Program. We're transitioning into that role as we speak and are determined within as short a timeframe as possible to restore the Collector Car Program to the exceptional level of service we've been known for over the years...

(If the individual who filed the complaint has never received his policy or money back, please contact me direct at Grundy Insurance  215-674-1856...)

SERVICE, KNOWLEDGE, and HONESTY are our business- Jim Grundy