Complaint Review: GuitarControl.com

• Updated: Thu, August 25, 2011

• Reported By: I C Freely — Music City Iowa United States of America
GuitarControl.com
1121 Washington Place, Pennsylvania United States of America

GuitarControl.com Claude Johnson, Guitar-Control, 3 Weird Guitar Tricks, Claude Johnson LLC Guitar Tips are Crap, Sends Unwanted, Barely Literate Conservative Political Emails 1121 Washington Place, Pennsylvania

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Mega-Valuable Newsletter But You Can't Please Everyone

Claude Johnson's ads pop up on many popular guitar/tab sites... "Learn these 3 weird tricks to own the neck..." etc. etc.  The tips he sends are amateurish and unorganized, and some days you get weird political rants about Al Gore (who he refers to as ManBearPig) and global warming.  Lots of spam and pleas to buy his DVDs.  If you look at various forums, these are disappointing to the people who order them.

It's rare that a free service would piss me off enough to write a report like this, but guitarcontrol.com managed to do it.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/25/2011 12:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/GuitarControlcom/1121-Washington-Place-Pennsylvania-19087/GuitarControlcom-Claude-Johnson-Guitar-Control-3-Weird-Guitar-Tricks-Claude-Johnson-LL-769295. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on GuitarControl.com

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Mega-Valuable Newsletter But You Can't Please Everyone

AUTHOR: Claude Johnson - (United States of America)

Howdy...Claude Johnson here.

And this is an inacurate report for a few reasons, so I need to file a rebuttal.

First lets be clear - this complaint is about my FREE service (my guitar newsletter).

Ripped-off by a free newsletter?
Not sure how that's even possible.

The fact is: I publish hundreds of free and valuable guitar lessons on my blog, many complete video lessons with
guitar tabs.

They are neither "amateurish", nor "unorganized", nor "illiterate" and anyone can see for themselves the quality of my work at

You can also see the thousands of positive comments that people have posted there, demonstrating the immense values being created.

Yes, in addition to giving tons of free content, I also talk about our DVD products in my newsletter.

Why not?  We offer some amazing products and people love them.

Don't take my word for it.
You can make your own judgement.
Here is our catalog:

And yes, I share other things besides guitar information, such as personal stories or my opinions about current
events.

Just to put the Al Gore thing in context -- I sent ONE email about it among the thousands of emails I've sent over the years... And I was making fun of the news story that just came out, talking about space aliens attacking us because of global warming.

Calling my guitar newsletter "conservative" or "political" is laughable.

Regardless, expressing my opinions about current issues hardly qualifies as a rip-off, and and if you don't like my newsletter or my opinions then please unsubscribe!

No one is forcing anyone to read it.

In conclusion, I would like to say that I work very hard putting out quality information to help guitar players  and you can't please everyone.

For every 1 person who finds me annoying, 1000 appreciate what I'm doing.