Complaint Review: Harris Poll Online

Harris 161 Sixth Avenue New York City, New York United States of America

Harris Poll Online Bait & Switch: online survey rewards New York City, New York

HARRIS POLL ONLINE

UNETHICAL & UNTRUSTWORTHY

I don't recommend them. Read on.  Harris Poll pays no money for taking their online surveys; but when I joined this survey site, four years ago, they gave points, for surveys, supposedly to be redeemed for 'gifts.'  I was working toward one of many of their small gift items in the 800 point portfolio; but before I could reach 800, they upped the requirement to 1,350. This is "bait and switch" and it's illegal.

This is comparable to putting a down-payment on merchandise in a store, and then having them 'up the price' before you finish paying for it.  I finally have 1,350 points but now all they have to offer me is an icard which I can't use. Here's why:

I don't use credit cards, so a gift must not exceed $10, including postage.

Harris Poll used to cover the postage for their rewards, but no more: another bait and switch.

Harris Poll provides no link showing what's available with this icard. For example, the ad says

I can select something from Macy's with this $10 but what?

Harris Poll told me that this is what their members want, but HarrisPoll didn't Poll me, nor send an email warning me that we now need credit cards to collect a reward.

And read these conflicting statements:

If you select an Amazon.com or iCard certificate and use it to purchase an item higher in value then the denomination of the gift certificate you will need to pay the remaining balance of the purchase, including any shipping and handling.

There are no fees associated with the HIpoints program when receiving an item in any of our Folios.  Please feel free to select an item you would like receive, point balance allowing, and we will ship it to you at no cost.

Granted, this may seem like small peanuts, but it's not just me.  Harris Poll claims 6 million members in 89 countries.  I wish to make an example of them.

Harris Poll has been trading on their established name for many years, but it's time for the truth. Harris Poll sends me emails saying, "Your satisfaction is our number one concern." Needless to say, this is not true. This is another giant corporation that exploits free labor. I've been trying for months to collect my reward. How can you trust a corporation that lies and exploits people this way? You can't!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/15/2010 08:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Harris-Poll-Online/New-York-City-New-York-10013/Harris-Poll-Online-Bait-Switch-online-survey-rewards-New-York-City-New-York-555332. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Harris Poll Online