Complaint Review: Hearst Corp

• Updated: Mon, December 30, 2013

• Reported By: AJ Johnson — Oak Creek Wisconsin
Hearst Corp
P.O. Box 6093 Harlan, IA 51593 Harlan, Iowa USA

Hearst Corp Seventeen Magazine Hearst Corporation Magazine Subcription Rip-Off Harlan Iowa

I just received a subscription invoice for Seventeen Magazine saying that 'Payment Now Due'  and it is addressed to my parents! I'm 48 years old lol!  I bought a year of Seventeen Magazine for my niece one year ago. I did not renew it this year and ignored all the subscription renewal bombardment mail. They did not like that.  Today I received a subscription invoice stating:

Dear Parents of AJ,

Our records indicate you ordered a gift subscripton several months ago. We fulfilled your order and mailed several copies of the magazine to your friends, yet we have not received payment nor any indication of the reason for non-payment.

We are now at a point where unless we receive a prompt payment from you, we will be required to place your account in our Bad Debt file.

In order for us to avoid taking this action, you must remit payment now.

Sincerely,

Seventeen

Customer Service

REALLY???  I NEVER renewed this subscription, I just threw away the bombardment of mailings asking me to renew.  I'm surprised with all the complaints about this company, that they have never gotten fined or shut down.

HEARST CORPORATION ARE BULLIES AND LIARS!!!!! They use scare tactics to bully their clients!!!!  Please do not buy and support their magazine.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/30/2013 09:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hearst-Corp/Harlan-Iowa-51593/Hearst-Corp-Seventeen-Magazine-Hearst-Corporation-Magazine-Subcription-Rip-Off-Harlan-Iow-1111809. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hearst Corp