silence

• Updated: Wed, April 03, 2013

• Reported By: Bob — Petaluma California
HIMMELSTEIN LOUIS H DDS
135 Keller St Petaluma, California United States of America

HIMMELSTEIN LOUIS H DDS HIMMELSTEIN LOUIS 5 Months In Hospital With Premi Baby Then sent to collections for $100.00 Petaluma, California

*Author of original report: PROBLEM RESOLVED

My family and i have spent thousands of dollars with this Dentist, we like to stick with one Dentist and establish a
relationship and feel comfortable with every visit.

We had thought things were going in the right direction but then my wifewas admitted to Hospital she was in Hospital for over a month and then  our baby came early at just 25 weeks weighing only 1lb and 5 ounces. The next 4 months that followed were very stressful with the Dr giving us  just a 30% chance of survival for our baby !

As one could understand our mail was piling up , luckily all our bills  were on autopay with our bank so we were able to focus on our premature  baby.

When our baby finally came home i was able to get back into my routine of opening up all my mail ect when i came across a bill for $100.00 that had come about 8 weeks prior and was placed in my big stack and left  unopened. [continued below]....
..... To my surprise this Dentist sent me to collection for just $100 that was not paid by my insurance.

I of course paid this charge right away and tried to talk to the Dentist regarding this charge and explained i did not know that was not covered by insurance and also explained we had just spent the last 5 months dealing with a premature baby in the hospital and the lady just out right didn't care. I WAS RUDELY TOLD THAT PEOPLE WHO DON'T PAY THEIR BILLS GET SENT TO COLLECTIONS ! I even sent a letter to Dr Himmelstein explaining our situation with the premature baby and the fact we also had no idea the insurance didn't pay this bill and he never even gave me the common courtesy of a return letter, seems like very bad business to lose a whole family who has spent thousands of dollars with them to just throw us away for $100.00

Now my 800 plus credit score has dropped way down all due to this 100.00 collection account and even though its paid it still sits as a negative on my credit report affecting my score and the Interest i pay for items. I even tried disputing the charge with credit report and Dr Louis Himmelstein sends a reply back to the reporting agency that its a valid mark on my credit, yet when i sent Dr Louis Himmelstein a personal letter explaining what has happen i get no reply back ! GREAT BEDSIDE MANOR - Dr Louis Himmelstein wants your money he does not care about his patients  !

I would stay far away from this practice, they only care ONLY about the money you are not made to feel at home with them, you can spend thousands of dollars with them and if you miss on just $100.00 you are sent to collections in just 8 short weeks.

Dr Louis Himmelstein is a good Dentist i cant take that away from him, my son and i both had good experience as far as the work that was performed, but the lack of understanding & compassion for our situation and the fact we were sent to collection after just 8 weeks is not acceptable. I would like to think if this Dentist actually knew what had happen he would be calling me and making this right ! But maybe this all comes from him i guess i will never know !

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/03/2013 03:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HIMMELSTEIN-LOUIS-H-DDS/Petaluma-California-94954/HIMMELSTEIN-LOUIS-H-DDS-HIMMELSTEIN-LOUIS-5-Months-In-Hospital-With-Premi-Baby-Then-sent-t-1040417. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HIMMELSTEIN LOUIS H DDS

PROBLEM RESOLVED

AUTHOR: Bob - ()

This report was generated about a $100.00 claim that was supposed to be paid by my insurance and was not and sent to collection, Dr Himmelstein actually called me himself and resolved the issue without problem !