Complaint Review: home depot

• Updated: Sat, February 09, 2013

• Reported By: Gabriela — Vancouver British Columbia Canada
home depot
Nationwide United States of America

home depot Internet shopping ripoff. Never got the product but was charged for it. Internet, Nationwide

I had placed an order online with homedepot.ca on April 23rd 2012.

I bought two rolls of wallpaper from the website, that were supposed to arrive within 3 to 6 business days because, as said on the website, it was in stock. I am leaving the country on May 15th morning to visit my family in Brazil and I was supposed to take the wallpaper as a gift. With the given expected arrival, I would get in time no problem.

After days of waiting for an update on my purchase, I called the costumer service. I was informed that the item was supposed to have been shipped on April 27th but they had no idea why it hadn't been. The associate said he was going to get in touch with the warehouse and then get back to me within 2 days. No one got back to me and I called again. Same answer was given. Always the same "sit down and wait" even though I explicitly said I couldn't.

Finally, on my 4th attempt to know about my purchase, an honest attendant told me he didn't think my package would get here in time, since it hadn't even been shipped yet and that I should cancel my order before it was shipped so I wouldn't get charged for it. And that's what I did. Unfortunately on May 8th I had to cancel my order and make peace with the fact that I would have no time to order the wallpaper from anywhere else before leaving.

Yesterday, May 10th, at 10PM, 2 days after I had cancelled my order, I received an e-mail from Home Depot informing me that my order had been shipped and that I had been charged on my credit card. When I checked the UPS tracking number I was provided I realized that the package would only get here May 17th at the end of the day, almost 3 days after I leave the country.

I have no use for this product if it arrives before I leave and I have been charged for a purchased I had cancelled BEFORE it had been shipped, as per Home Depot's rules.

I called consumer service and after talking to an associate and her supervisor, it got nowhere. They said it didn't matter that I had cancelled it, I was going to be charged anyway. The only thing they said they could do was to contact UPS and have the shipment delivered straight to a home depot office and after it gets there (probably after the 17th) plus some processing days, they would reimburse me on my credit card.

I don't want to and should not be charged for a cancelled product that has never even arrived in my hands. Home Depot said they would do nothing about it and what I did was to call my credit card company and have my credit card blocked before they could charge me for this unathorizedly.

Home Depot expediters and supervisors have called me and written me emails to say they were sorry but nothing has been done to solve anything. No one would contact UPS to make it an express dlivery so I could have my wallpapers here in time (which is the only thing I wanted since the beginning) or attest that they would not charge me since I had cancelled the product before it was shipped of anything else.

This was the single worst experience I ever had with online shopping and I will never buy from The Home Depot again and advise everyone to not do so.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/11/2012 03:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/home-depot/nationwide/home-depot-Internet-shopping-ripoff-Never-got-the-product-but-was-charged-for-it-Intern-881557. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on home depot