Complaint Review: horse.com

• Submitted: Mon, February 06, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, February 06, 2012

• Reported By: Sue — Graham Washington United States of America

horse.com statelinetack.com Selling horse blankets below quality, stating they are ripstop and are not. Not standing behind thier product. Charging too much for a substandard item. Refused to accept that it was a problem with th Internet

I purchased a horse  blanket from horse.com , I have purchased many from them over the years for my horses. This was a substandard blanket, it tore to pieces very easily and it was not a cheap blanket. I have purchased blankets for far less money with much better quality.  I reported the problem to them. My horse only wore the blanket about 4 or 5 times and it was so ripped up it could not even be repaired again and I had repaired it many tears already.  I understand that horses are hard on blankets and buy them accordingly but to only be able to wear it a few times when it cost me 100.00 makes me very upset. He has many blankets I only paid 50 for that he has been wearing for 2 years. I contacted them and they asked me to send pictures , which I did. They determined that it was not a manufacturer defect so I guess it sucks to be me.  They would not give me a credit or any compensation to buy a new one to replace it. [continued below]....
..... I will never shop there again. They were rude to me, unfair and did not stand behind their product. They took no responsibility for selling a substandard item and left it at that. So I am hoping I can save someone form purchasing a problem item like I did.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/06/2012 01:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/horsecom/internet/horsecom-statelinetackcom-Selling-horse-blankets-below-quality-stating-they-are-ripstop-834778. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on horse.com