Complaint Review: Hostgator.com

• Submitted: Sun, December 15, 2013
  • Updated: Sun, December 15, 2013

• Reported By: Joe — New Port Richey Florida
5005 Mitchelldale Suite 100 Houston, Texas USA

Hostgator.com Unethically and illegally charges you for unwanted services Houston Texas

Hostgator.com has unethically and illegally stolen $193.20.  On 10/30/13 Hostgator charged my EXPIRED debit card for $178.20 for 3 years of addititional hosting service which I did not want or authorize.  On 10/21/13 Hostgator charged my EXPIRED debit card $15 for renewal of my domain name.

I promptly contacted them when I noticed the unauthorized charges in my checking account statement.  They informed me that the law allows them to demand payment with an expired debit or credit card.  They have refused to refund any of the charges.

Here are the charges as posted to my bank statement"

Do not use Hostgator.  They will unethically and illegally access your debit or credit card in order to maximize their revenue.  I cannot believe that there are companies that feel it is ok to use expired debit or credit cards under the false claim that the service was wanted because it was not cancelled.

No person has any protection under the law when funds can be taken using EXPIRED debit and credit cards.

I have not received a refund.  It has been nearly 2 months since their illegal, unethical stealing of my funds.

Hostgator is a very unethical company. use at your own peril.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/15/2013 09:09 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hostgatorcom/Houston-Texas-77092/Hostgatorcom-Unethically-and-illegally-charges-you-for-unwanted-services-Houston-Texas-1107153. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hostgator.com